The Official 2012 Overland Expo thread!!! Post your comments, questions, images...

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
Thanks everyone for the photos! It has been a busy summer for me, and I did not get to make it down this year. I enjoyed living vicariously through you and your stories.

Cheers
Brian

kai38

Explorer
Overland%20EXPO%202012%20%281%29.JPG

Passing through Flagstaff on the way to the AZ Strip I saw this banner at a convenience store, the let me have it after explaining what the Expo was, they didn't even know it was hanging outside their store. I had people I traveled with sign it, sorry I missed a few people though.

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
Yes - Mormon Lake Lodge kindly distributed a few of those for us, sadly without confirming that the official Overland Expo brew is, well, not Coors Light.

brian90744

American Trekker
OX12 decals.

I cant seem to find a special decal for this event?? I had a great time & will attend next 2013.

Day two of our OX12 trip is up on my site at: http://broadsword.com/wordpress/?p=1630

This post & gallery cover a full day on the Mojave Road on the way to the Expo.

I don't want to spam this thread with a bunch of site updates so that will be the last one, promise. You can subscribe to updates via email on my site if you're interested in following the posts as they come out every few days.

img_6839.jpg

yoga chick

To B at Equipt :: Love the photos -- nice to see pics of people enjoying the event, in addition to all the great equipment photos.
Thanks!

yoga chick

Yoga at Expo?

For those of you who didn't see us right up near the front .. you CAN go on adventure in a regular car! Here is my Subi all set-up in Valley of the Gods on our way down to Expo from SLC:
subi.jpg

It's been a really great way to travel simply and surprisingly has a lot of space inside!

I was down at Expo teaching the Yoga for Overlanders course - thanks to everyone who joined in. We had a blast getting out all the kinks from driving and riding all day long. Almost everyone was new to yoga. In addition to the courses we had morning yoga as well. Here are a couple snap shots ..
YogaOverlandCoaching.jpg

OvXyoga.jpg

If you missed out you can get all the good info on YOGA for OVERLANDERS here: http://www.alyssasummers.com/yoga-for-overlanders/
These are my top 4 tricks to nixing the aches and pains, saving your back and shoulders — getting back to the body you know and love so you can really enjoy the journey, live a richer experience, and have more fun!

And we can't forget some OvX classics :: Kristian (upcruiser), Walt, and Doug :wavey:
IMG_1523.jpg

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
OK, 3500 miles round trip from Washington state to Mormon lake? Tell us about all your side trips on the way. :elkgrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven