The OFFICIAL Overland Expo EAST 2014 Thread!

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
OverlandExpoEast.jpg

Here it is: The OFFICIAL Overland Expo East Thread.
For the East event they are offering three-day Weekend Pass and three-day Camping Access only, for pre-purchase, and a one-day pass for Sunday at the gate only

The sales are now live:

http://www.overlandexpo.com/east

Please see the Press Release below:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

August 5, 2014

Roseann Hanson, co-director

Asheville, North Carolina, USA – Weekend Passes and Camping Access are now on sale for Overland Expo EAST, to be held in Asheville, N.C., October 3-5, 2014. The Weekend Pass and separate Camping Access pass are each good for all three days at this dynamic event that inspires people to get out and explore their world—and gives them the education and tools to do so. Included in the Weekend Pass is access to over 100 exhibitors and vendors of four-wheel-drives and adventure motorcycles, accessories, camping gear, and services; dozens of slide shows, films, skills and equipment demos, and informative roundtable discussions. Activities in the Kids Adventure area and the new Bushcraft Skills area is also included, as are the highly technical programs in the Camel Trophy Overland Skills Area.

“With so much to offer day attendees, we decided to offer Weekend Passes rather than by-the-day sales,” said Roseann Hanson, co-founder and co-director of Overland Expo. “It's an incredible bargain at less than $20/day per person for all you can do and see. Nothing else compares to it. Also, Taylor Ranch is a beautiful, private venue, with grassy, rolling hills, so camping will be fantastic.”

To purchase Weekend Passes and Camping Access, visit http://www.overlandexpo.com/east

Sunday-only day passes will be available at the gate on Sunday only, from 8 am to 3 pm. Sunday-only day pass purchasers will not be eligible for camping. All Camping Access pass purchasers will be required to purchase Weekend Passes.

About:
Overland Expo is an annual event, founded in Arizona in 2009, that brings together overlanding enthusiasts and the rapidly growing industry that serves them. This three-day weekend is designed to educate and inspire people to get out and explore their world—there are hundreds of session-hours of classes, workshops, and roundtable programs for four-wheel-drive and adventure motorcycle enthusiasts; a large trade exposition with exhibitors, vendors, authors, and filmmakers; and evening inspirational programs and music. This will be the first Overland Expo EAST. The Overland Expo WEST regularly sells out of 600 full-weekend package tickets, with nearly 7,000 day pass visitors expected. Both EAST and WEST events feature a custom instructional driving course built and staffed by the world-famous Land Rover driver team and an “Adventure Motorcycle Village” with a teaching arena anchored by the legendary RawHyde Adventures and their partners BMW and Triumph.

Images of the Venue:

Last edited:
Thanks for the post. Glad we finally have an "Official" thread! Lol

Maybe the mods can merge the other two threads currently running about the same topic with this one?

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks for starting the thread, Dendy. We're delighted with the beautiful event site at Taylor Ranch, and excited by its proximity to Asheville, a cultural treasure (and, incidentally, a micro-brew Mecca).

Overland Experience pass holders will find more advanced driving and recovery classes than we've ever had, along with courses on navigation, packing, border-crossing, and dozens of other topics. I'm excited about a suite of new classes investigating the strengths and weaknesses of several popular overlanding vehicle platforms.

The new weekend pass greatly simplifies attendance for day visitors, and there is more than ever for them to do as well, including a challenging driving course built by Land Rover. We're expanding our demos to incorporate field sports such as canoeing and fly fishing. And there'll be a couple of impressive night demos from Baja Designs and Surefire. Plus slide shows, films, and lots more.

The photos above will give you an idea of the terrain (which is lovely and rolling—campers, bring leveling blocks!). They were taken when we visited the site this winter; here are a couple taken more recently, which reflect how the venue will look in early October.

14841264391_d826755822_c.jpg

14844337825_0568fd724d_c.jpg

14657605020_07ac45ea0b_c.jpg

cosmic88

Observationalist
MUD FEST! :)

Do you think they will let us do a little water crossing test in that there pond, Camel Trophy Style...?

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
OK, Who is coming? Let's start a list ...

Dendy Jarrett and clan.
LR3 and Conqueror Commander in tow. - Camping.
(and on to Cape Lookout the week after)

toygoose

Observer
Should be a great event, the West was awesome! Looking forward to meeting up with some of you East Coast guys. I will be there starting Thurs night, camping and day passes.

gravedgr

SE Expedition Society
OK, Who is coming? Let's start a list ...

Dendy Jarrett and clan.
LR3 and Conqueror Commander in tow. - Camping.
(and on to Cape Lookout the week after)
Cindy and I be there with kids in tow (Zach-7, Heidi-6).
Tacoma TRD-Offroad w/Tepui RTT

We'll have the annex attached to the tent for the kids to sleep in, so challenge #1 will be to pack so that we don't have to leave site. :)

4runnerteq

Explorer
You guys doin day passes or full package?

And, are you camping at the venue or someplace else?

Last edited:

JackW

Explorer
Full package, camping on site - since its my first expo I thought I'd jump all the way in.
I'll be there in the Land Rover 90 towing an Eriba Puck travel trailer.
Some of the Virginia and Georgia Land Rover guys are planning on setting up a Land Rover campsite.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Happy to say that we'll be there in full force, especially since we're only 3 miles away!

I'm lining up a bunch of vans and we'll have a new camper to debut on the back of V4 as well as some other new products. Look forward to seeing everyone.

I've been talking to some local businesses about offering an unofficial discount to the expo crowd too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater