The OFFICIAL Overland Expo EAST 2014 Thread!

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Haven't seen anything in their forum about it. Probably going to be about 3 from Upstate coming but a lot of the Swampfox and Low Country a cruiser guys check in on the Upstate board from time to time.
Good; hope the word gets around.
We camped with a member named Frank and his daughter recently @ Mt Pisgah and I think he'd really get a kick out of the Expo.
And, for that matter, all of the Upstaters I've met and camped with.... ....they really get into their gear.... :smiley_drive:

My wife and I are coming from Huntsville, AL. We'll be in a silver 2dr JK -hopefully towing our under construction teardrop camper. We both signed up for full access.

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
Anyone know when class signups will be live and the method for doing so?

If you've registered for the Overland Experience package, you'll receive an email soon with a link for choosing the classes you want. We send them out in the order people sign up.

JackW

Explorer
I got my e-mail on Thursday and have already signed up for a pretty full class schedule - that was pretty hard as there are so many choices.
I signed up for the event pretty early so I guess I was in the first wave. Really looking forward to a great weekend.

Patrollife

Explorer
If anyone attending overland expo east has driven through Mexico and Guatemala I'd love to hear your experience. PM me.

JackW

Explorer
One of the classes is a regional Q/A on Mexico and Guatemala - I've driven to Panama from Georgia but it was in 1974.
We went through Guatemala and Lake Atitlan in a 1966 Buick 225 but things have changed a lot since then.
I've signed up for the class just to get some updated information.

This shot is from Nicaraugua - the cotton plants were almost six feet tall.

xmadcowx

If you've registered for the Overland Experience package, you'll receive an email soon with a link for choosing the classes you want. We send them out in the order people sign up.

Got the email yesterday. Great job from the overland team on presentation, signup format and overall delivery so far. If the event is half as organized as the process of signing up for classes was yesterday it will be a blast. Can't wait.

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
Got the email yesterday. Great job from the overland team on presentation, signup format and overall delivery so far. If the event is half as organized as the process of signing up for classes was yesterday it will be a blast. Can't wait.

Thank you!

And Jack, I am loving that Buick.

JackW

Explorer
There is a real story to that Buick - maybe we can get together around a fire and I'll tell about our adventure doing the Pan-American Highway with a few detours in a Buick deuce-and-a-quarter all the way to the Panama Canal Zone in 1974.
There were breakdowns, scary moments, adventures, border crossings, all topped of by an opportunity to water ski on the Panama Canal and a Central American Dictator who got involved at the last minute. Lots of fun...

hansrober

Adventurer
There is a real story to that Buick - maybe we can get together around a fire and I'll tell about our adventure doing the Pan-American Highway with a few detours in a Buick deuce-and-a-quarter all the way to the Panama Canal Zone in 1974.
There were breakdowns, scary moments, adventures, border crossings, all topped of by an opportunity to water ski on the Panama Canal and a Central American Dictator who got involved at the last minute. Lots of fun...

That sounds like a good story!

Just signed up for classes... quick question if anyone knows the answer... a few of my classes overlapped, by 20 minutes or so, with happy hour on Friday night and lunch on Saturday... do you need to be signed up on your schedule in order to do lunch and happy hour? thanks, didn't want to email them if I could find the answer here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samwich