The OFFICIAL Overland Expo EAST 2014 Thread!

Scottydog13

Observer
I'm sure we can squeeze another one in...there are FJs coming from all over the place. Few of us from the Raleigh area, few from Wilmington area...and more as we head west. Not sure how the campsites will be organized and if we can "claim a large area"

Maybe Jonathan will see this and respond.

93burban

Observer
Just signed up for the weekend pass . myself and my father in law along with my 10 and 8 year old boys in my burban. Looking forward to this

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
I'm sure we can squeeze another one in...there are FJs coming from all over the place. Few of us from the Raleigh area, few from Wilmington area...and more as we head west. Not sure how the campsites will be organized and if we can "claim a large area."

Always happy to have FJ Cruisers at the Expo!

It's difficult to arrange group areas in advance due to the inevitable attrition. If you'd like to have an organized FJ area we can do that, but one of you will have to get in touch with us as representative before September 15 so we can arrange a suitable spot. We'll need to know how many vehicles of course. Keep in mind that to camp you must either have purchased an Overland Experience class package, or a weekend package plus camping. Day passes on Saturday and Sunday will not be eligible for camping—we needed to do it this way for traffic-control and security reasons.

FMF

Adventurer
Well my wife and I will be there! We got the weekend pass with camping and can't wait to finaly get to attend one of these legendary events. We just moved to DC from Hawaii if any one wants to convoy from the capital area. If you see a Tacoma with Hawaii plates stop by our camp and say Howdy!

hansrober

Adventurer
Jonathan,
Will propane campfires like the Campfire in Can be allowed at the Overland Expo East? There was some heated debate (stale humor) among my camping neighbors at the West event this year. Of course the Flagstaff area was under fire restrictions. I thought I might try to clear this up in advance this trip. Thanks in advance!

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
Will propane campfires like the Campfire in Can be allowed at the Overland Expo East? There was some heated debate (stale humor) among my camping neighbors at the West event this year. Of course the Flagstaff area was under fire restrictions. I thought I might try to clear this up in advance this trip. Thanks in advance!

Yes, they will. Additionally, Taylor Ranch is going to maintain two or three group campfires, one near the camping area and another, possibly two, near the lake.

Scottydog13

Observer
Jonathan, thanks for the feedback. I am organizing our FJ (OK, trying to) group and will give you a good idea of what we may have camping. Thanks for your efforts.

Philthyphil

Observer
We'll be there, wife in the hundo and me on the KLR for the full event. Signed up for the West version in 2013 and got relocated from Denver to upstate NY before the event occurred. Very happy this event was able to chase down this band of gypsy's since we are now down in VA.

azrunner11

I'll be there. Looking forward to it and for some reason I never made it to Flagstaff when I lived in the Tucson area, but will have the feel of the AZ White Mountains. If only I can get bumped off of that Saturday morning waiting list.

xmadcowx

We'll be there, wife in the hundo and me on the KLR for the full event. Signed up for the West version in 2013 and got relocated from Denver to upstate NY before the event occurred. Very happy this event was able to chase down this band of gypsy's since we are now down in VA.

Rochester?

Reason I ask is because a number of guys I went to school with got internships at Kodak, then offered full time gigs in Denver. Never heard the other way around though.

FIRE74

Observer
Im in for weekend, and camping on site, 2013 Tacoma and modded M-416 w/CVT tent, arriving Thursday

cosmic88

Observationalist
the South shall rise

... Not that Florida is "The South" but there are a good number of folks driving North for this event. I know of ~10 personally but I am sure the FL. contingency will be around 30 trucks by Saturday.

Newman, the Rovers from FL. needing camp spots in the Rover section is most likely about 15. My small group will arrive Thursday afternoon or evening. We are not bringing the Uni-Mog. And I am bringing the Disco all kitted out with stupid crap... 85 watts of screamin' solar juice, on board shower, fridge... Just doing day passes and camping out. Will most likely depart EXPO on Saturday as we plan to wheel Talladega NF and Apalachicola NF on the way back down South. 7 day trip in all.

Anyone From FL. who wants to take the long and meandering way South is welcome to join. We will probably spend 4 days getting from NC back to FL via Bammy and North Florida. PM me if you'd like to and have the time.

For anyone that has registered for the package recently; how full are the classes?

I have been waiting on my truck to sell before registering but as time gets closer I think I am just going to use my credit card so I can go ahead an get it down. I can't find anything on the classes and wondered how many classes were full up and unavailable now? If most of the good ones are full then I will lean towards the weekend pass and not the full experience package.

Thanks!

Maxcustody

Explorer
The OFFICIAL Overland Expo East Thread! Weekend Passes NOW AVAILABLE.

Can you still sign up for this? Edit looks like you can.........I am starting at the beginning of the thread.....I have a lot of reading to do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk