The original expedition vehicle...

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
Its actually the sm420 to D18 adapter that leaks :) It doesn't help when you drive up and down really steep stuff!

LilKJ

Adventurer
No real updates... should be some soon though.

I've been waiting for a while for some parts to come in so I can start driving the thing. It all arrived yesterday evening :)

Just arrived:
-selection of thermostats
-thermostat retainer
-custom aluminum 20mm dummy rounds (he he)
-temp gauge
-windshield hinge bracket
-windshield pivot thumb screws

Hopefully I can get some more work done tomorrow...

LilKJ

Adventurer
Got a bit more work done and took the Jeep out for a cruise. Things ran great initially but didn't do so well once I shut it off a couple times and tried to restart it and take it back out. I need to take another look at the mixture and change the thermostat for this thing to work well in 100 degree weather ;)

Check out the transfer case shifters made from custom aluminum 20mm rounds. Booya...
IMG_0715resize.jpg

LilKJ

Adventurer
Awesome!!!!!! how easy are they to use?

Not exactly sure what you mean.... they are easy to shift, plenty of leverage. If you were asking how easy they are to make... it wakes a while to drill out the billet aluminum... totally worth it though.

BlueBomber

Adventurer
do your hands slip off 'em when they are wet (or your hands are sweaty), do they get too hot to touch when left in the sun? that kinda stuff.

LilKJ

Adventurer
No worse than the rest of the Jeep... the whole thing gets uncomfortably hot to touch when it's in the sun... after driving for 20 minutes yesterday my infrared put the floorboards at 128F. I can still grab the shifters when they've been sitting out but they are pretty toasty. The grenade isn't as bad as the 20mm's though. Not a big deal as I don't plan to shift the t-case that often....

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Disease Spreader....!

So thanks a heap! Thanks to your thread the old addiction is back. Like already having projects (67 Commando, 91 YJ, and DOA 83 FS Cherokee) are not enough...Add to that needing to upgrade the Scrambler thats going to Germany with me...I now have added some other issues to the stable!Like my 40s Bantam trailer and maybe soon this little gem! Gee...thanks!:sombrero:

Attachments

• 51Jeep.jpg
    51Jeep.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 43

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
May have to resist...

Yeah,
Its a 51 3a. Virtually no rust to speak of and would have made a fantastic starter...But the seller emailed me and said he had another interested party. And since I am writing this from Iraq...well, I really don't "Need" another project! Sigh...o well...maybe the next one will be a Willys truck...or wagon.?.
I have way to many irons on the fire...:1888fbbd:

mikeg1713

Adventurer
I'm near Baltimore and have a 1947 that would need a new tub for a "restoration". if you just wanna wheel it it's ready to rock and roll. $2,500.00 When do you get back home?:smiley_drive: Can you snag me a ACOG ???? there could be a discount on the jeep.....lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy