The SOS Report. The Full Story

aero

Adventurer
Just read through it all. Great write-up, awesome pictures, and all the rigs look nice as well.

Mass_Mopar

Don't Litter
Found the thread from the front page article, great read!! Awesome job with the pictures, spectacular views throughout! Your write-up is easily one of the top-5 ones I've read, very glad you took the time to go through all the length + details that made it really feel like we were all there. Kudos! :elkgrin:

kylevd23

Observer
I just recently purchased a 4wd for me and my son to bond in on camping trips, so I've been lurking on expedition portal for several months reading all the stories, and looking through different forums seeing how people shared their adventures, but never have I've been so hooked on reading a story as this one out of all of them, the pictures were of great quality, the outlining was impressive, and most of all, the family shared bond hit the spot. Truly excellent job on this post! I am definitely envious of what you have accomplished and hope to one day do the same!

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
I just recently purchased a 4wd for me and my son to bond in on camping trips, so I've been lurking on expedition portal for several months reading all the stories, and looking through different forums seeing how people shared their adventures, but never have I've been so hooked on reading a story as this one out of all of them, the pictures were of great quality, the outlining was impressive, and most of all, the family shared bond hit the spot. Truly excellent job on this post! I am definitely envious of what you have accomplished and hope to one day do the same!

Thank you sir! Glad you enjoyed it.

I know it took me awhile to get my dad into it. But man now he can't stop haha then I slowy got my whole family involved ha! Everyone in my family talks about my truck as Frankenstien and everything haha. I hope you have lots of fun with you son. I have many fond memories from when I was younger with my dad and our trucks. Granted it was from hunting trips mostly but still fabulous.

gorillamel

Dirty Blonde
Just read this whole thing in one sitting. What a great narration of an amazing sounding trip! Thank you for sharing it and kudos on the excellent photography usage. I'm quite jealous of it all and wish I was on an adventure like that!

Glad to see you guys out enjoying the land around you and using it responsibly. I'm thrilled that you chose part of Idaho, too. I have also been on that same trail (Lolo) and recognised many of your shots. Bummer about Frank on that trail, but it sounds like you have a great support group of friends and family. You've given me more trails to add to my wheeling bucket list. Thanks!

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
Just read this whole thing in one sitting. What a great narration of an amazing sounding trip! Thank you for sharing it and kudos on the excellent photography usage. I'm quite jealous of it all and wish I was on an adventure like that!

Glad to see you guys out enjoying the land around you and using it responsibly. I'm thrilled that you chose part of Idaho, too. I have also been on that same trail (Lolo) and recognised many of your shots. Bummer about Frank on that trail, but it sounds like you have a great support group of friends and family. You've given me more trails to add to my wheeling bucket list. Thanks!

Glad you enjoyed it man! It was a fun trip to say the least haha

Frank always throws some kind of fit on these trips. So far I'm at a 50/50 ratio on successful trips vs exploding trips hahaha

Thanks for reading!

Zam15

Explorer
Saw your report made it to the front page nice job on the write-up.

Seeing your rig and your Dad's make me laugh. I have the 1st gen like yours and my Dad has the same 2nd gen red Tacoma double cab (keep trying to talk him into building it up more) as your Dad, need to make sure he gets a trailer so he can rescue me next time I break something :coffeedrink:

Stepmom also has the 1st gen tundra.... we like trucks apparently

Adventurous

Explorer
Thanks for the helluva awesome trip report! I'm sad it has ended though, it's my last week at this job and I'm only halfway through. Need more reading material!

Also, bravo to your dad for being so awesome. He sounds like the kind of father you should be proud to have.

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
Saw your report made it to the front page nice job on the write-up.

Seeing your rig and your Dad's make me laugh. I have the 1st gen like yours and my Dad has the same 2nd gen red Tacoma double cab (keep trying to talk him into building it up more) as your Dad, need to make sure he gets a trailer so he can rescue me next time I break something :coffeedrink:

Stepmom also has the 1st gen tundra.... we like trucks apparently

Thanks man! And do it! Took me about two or three years to get him to take the jump. Snowball effect after that hahaha

Great story! Quick question... What kind of camera equipment do you use? Specifically lenses.

Thank you!

We all shoot canon.

Me:
Canon 60d
18-135mm STM f3.5-5.6
50mm f1.8
And I borrowed mikes 10-24mm f3.5-5.6 for some shots

Edited in Lightroom 5 and Photoshop cs6

Ben:
Canon T2i
18-55 STM kit lens
70-300mm tameron

Edited in Photoshop cs6

Mike:
Canon 50d
10-24mm
24-135mm

Edited in Adobe Photoshop elements v7

Marc:
Canon 60d
18-135mm kit lens
10-18mm STM

Edited in Lightroom 5

So nothing super crazy. We are all amueturs and don't claim to be pros. Don't have any of the real nice glass but we all wish we had it! Haha

Thanks for the helluva awesome trip report! I'm sad it has ended though, it's my last week at this job and I'm only halfway through. Need more reading material!

Also, bravo to your dad for being so awesome. He sounds like the kind of father you should be proud to have.

Thanks sir! Love my dad. He is the coolest guy ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal