The Triple Threat Grand Cherokee (2003 WJ)

theksmith

Explorer
I dig the Calico shots...especially seeing you go through Kramer's Arch. I remember my first time going through there as a total newbie (and probably still am!)...I was giddy as a kid on a roller coaster! Calico is nice & close and makes for a perfect one-night getaway!
I only had a 2" budget boost on my WJ in these pics. Like I've said before, there is SO MUCH inspiration around here...especially your rig...that makes me want to go crazy with mine!

we took a stock 04 overland through all of the Phillips Loop and it did great. it did use the factory rock rails and skid plates a ton though ;)

i'm finishing putting a 2" budget boost on the GF's Liberty today. can't wait to get her our wheeling - she doesn't like the WJ cuz she can't tell where the hood ends and the corners are, she preferred driving my old XJ.

theksmith

Explorer
found this old pic from the first time we took the fat black beast camping, no mods except the roof rack on factory roof rails:

IMG00059.jpg

Septu

Explorer
Damn sexy WJ. If jeep hadn't come out with the 4 dr Wrangler, something like this would be at the top of my list. Very very clean looking jeep.

theksmith

Explorer
went camping for a night with some non-wheeling, but it ended up pouring rain and heavy wind all night. then everything was mud today and it kept doing light hail and snow, so we packed it in early and came back to town for some denny's!

P1050339.JPG

the tent-cot kept me dry. and my new bag (teton -25) kept me more than toasty!

Last edited:

Recce01

Adventurer
ya know, I dont know about that name, but she kinda gets around, I have seen her on forums everywhere! You have one of the most popular GCs especially through google searches. Nice rig man!

theksmith

Explorer
camped overnight at red creek last weekend.

P1050692.JPG

ran from needle rock to bartlett dam road on the way.

P1050665-b.jpg

then learned to do some basic welding over the past few days. fixed my front control arm axle-side brackets that had too large of holes in them by welding some 1/4" thick grade-8 washers to them.

before:
P1050768.JPG

after:
P1050809.JPG

jersey96_xj

You have an amazing WJ! I am working on a YJ that I am trying to add in feautures similar to yours for camping and excursions but didn't know where to start so thank you for the great write ups and detailed explanations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad