Thinking of getting a Titan. Discuss please.

Mako1114

Adventurer
The vehicle in the link does not appear to be a Pro-4x, just a regular 4x4. I personally don't have any experience with high mileage Titans as mine only has 28K, however I would be hesitant to buy any vehicle that has been misrepresented.

Cheers

jeeps4fun

Adventurer
It's missing the side graphic I noticed that. Other than a switch for the locker what would clue me in if it ISN'T a X?

BuffaloFunk

Observer
Not entirely sure, but I think there shouldn't be any chrome on the front bumper and grille.

If you check out the dealers website, they also have Frontier that isn't a Pro4X that they are calling a Pro-4x. It has the chrome bumper when it should be painted. It doesn't have the Pro-4X wheels, wrong seats and it's missing the Diff e-lock button. Dealer seems like it is misrepresenting more than one car...

jeeps4fun

Adventurer
Not entirely sure, but I think there shouldn't be any chrome on the front bumper and grille.

If you check out the dealers website, they also have Frontier that isn't a Pro4X that they are calling a Pro-4x. It has the chrome bumper when it should be painted. It doesn't have the Pro-4X wheels, wrong seats and it's missing the Diff e-lock button. Dealer seems like it is misrepresenting more than one car...

Yup, noticed that too, just got off the phone with them. He didn't know "for sure" on the Titan but when I called him out on the Frontier he said he knew that one wasn't "special" said they just have a lady to enters all their internet stuff and its occasionally wrong...... I think I'd occasionally fire her......

The next closest is 3 hours each way and 5k more i think from my searching :(

NCtrail4R

Adventurer
Had an 05 Titan and loved it. Family needs required a vehicle change and I miss that truck! Mine wasn't an offroad model, but I was able to pick up a set of offroad wheels off craigslist and move to 33" BFGs. Handled very well and tons of power on tap. As with all Nissans, aftermarket parts (lifts, armor, etc) are more limited than with other trucks, but there are quality parts our there if you search around. Turning radius was a wider than I would've liked but most full size trucks are likely similar.

Power/fuel mileage. MPG in any full size 4x4 is not going to be good. I could drive it easy or more aggressively, run it empty or carry a load and the mileage never really varied that much. Tried to see if I rolled slowly away from stop lights and eased into the throttle if it would have a significant impact on MPG, but it didn't. Decided to just drive it and not worry about the MPG. Made it a lot more fun!

Good truck with plenty of power and good handling for a big truck. I say go for it!

Disclaimer - we've had 2 Pathfinders an Xterra and a Titan so we're Nissan biased.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal