Those that have run AirLift 1000 bags?

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
An update on mine - after having the leak problem and fixing it (the fitting in one of the bags worked loose and was leaking, Airlift replaced the bag free) I decided to install gauges in both Jeeps to monitor the air pressure. I highly recommend installing a gauge if you're going to run the Airlift bags, now I always know the status of the bags.

Good call. I wanted to run the remote compressor and gauge/switch setup, but cant afford to (cant justify it maybe?). I like the gauge idea and for the amount I adjust them a schrader valve on the rear bumper is good enough for me!

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Good call. I wanted to run the remote compressor and gauge/switch setup, but cant afford to (cant justify it maybe?). I like the gauge idea and for the amount I adjust them a schrader valve on the rear bumper is good enough for me!

I don't have a compressor on either of my Jeeps, I just have a Schrader valve on the trailer hitches. Since the air bags are pretty small and only take up to about 30psi, it's practical to add air to them when needed with a bicycle pump.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I don't have a compressor on either of my Jeeps, I just have a Schrader valve on the trailer hitches. Since the air bags are pretty small and only take up to about 30psi, it's practical to add air to them when needed with a bicycle pump.

The last few times I filled them I used my bike pump as well. Worked great!

Longtallsally

Adventurer
I've got them in the back of our JKUR to level off the pop up camper we used to have and they worked the charm. I still use them when I put the dirt bike on the hitch carrier and in both cases it really helps keep the handling safe and predictable.

No squeaks, no leaks, no nothing. As it takes literally less than a minute each side with a bicycle pump, putting a pump on them seems a bit silly to me. As mentioned I leave 5 psi when there is no warranted load.

mmaattppoo

Adventurer
An absolute must when loaded up with a week's worth of gear and supplies (fridge/freezer, food, drinking water and rear bumper full of water, RTT, awning, aux battery, rear cargo slide, propane tank, extra fuel, inflatable paddle board and kayak, and the list goes on and on...).

eecbf5c9a67419e12769f84070595056.jpg

Sitting nice and level and 25 PSI.

Only issue I've encountered in 2 years of use is a pesky very slow leak somewhere. The bags lose about 2.5 PSI every couple of weeks...nothing a little CO2 can't remedy quickly.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maynerd Mowat