Tin Top Pop Top Samurai Build

Where are the sleeping platforms, where do they store, and how are they deployed?

Ok, I'm going to attempt to explain the setup. It's hard to photograph.

The bed is split into 2 pieces. Making one continuous bed up top.
This is sleeping mode.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417297199.797937.jpg

Then I can remove the rearmost bed panel and put it against the ceiling on the front one and stand within the camper to cook on the countertop.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417297605.729100.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417297618.280459.jpg

I can also drop the door and sit on the small jump seat in the rear and work on my laptop or eat.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417297671.199493.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417297722.736315.jpg

Inside standing height with top popped is 6'5" to the peak.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417298416.403043.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got to give it some use the last couple of days as well ! Here's a couple shots from near the Outer Banks in NC. Not much action out here this time of year.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417301278.905407.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417301326.459907.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417301345.110825.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417301357.628421.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417301527.159865.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417301567.896225.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417301587.038993.jpg

Somehow in all of those pics I missed showing the cold/rain/storm covers deployed. They add a second layer of waterproof fabric. Permanently attached at the top and store rolled up inside the upper lip of the lid. The top can raised and lowered with these deployed or stowed.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417355104.365935.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417355119.197694.jpg

Lesa_NeSmith

Oh my gosh I've always wanted to like travel and live in a Jeep or a Toyota Land Cruiser
I thought they only did this stuff in Australia

rrliljedahl

Observer
So far, I have resisted responding to this build thread but I can sit quietly no longer.

I am concerned that all of this positive energy about his current Samurai build will attract others to his services

I agree that Justin can be a very creative and skilled fabricater as is illustrated by what he is doing with the Samurai.

Justin Marquand is a sole proprietor owner doing business as HD-RV or Six 13 Metalworks out of his shop in Fletcher, NC.
Online he has been know as MegaAmbu, JMarquand, and now ZukiCamper.

What Justin does not tell is that he is a convicted felon presently on a 10 year probation for embezzling $30,000 in 2009 from a bicycle shop he managed in Florida.
http://www.gainesville.com/article/20110602/ARTICLES/110609884

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi...sturl=pagelistoffendersearchresults&listpage=

All of this is a matter of public record if you do a Google search.

From personel experience, Justin has shown me that he has not learned from his past mistakes. He appears to lack a social conscience which others need to aware of before entering into any business relationship with him. I bring this up here to alert others to be very careful before having him do any project that involves money.

Justin still owes me a $4600 refund for a custom flatbed camper build which he never started last January. He claimed to have no additional funds to give me but obviously he has enough money to trick out his Samurai.
image.jpg

Justin also started remodeling my truck last January to include a custom flatbed with a 3 point pivot mount. After having my vehicle for 8 months and taking $11,000 of my money, I now have my truck back in a state of disrepair and not being street legal. Current estimate (which keeps climbing) is $8000 to have someone else fix everything.

Here is a link to how poorly Justin built the rear pivot mount on my flatbed.
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/134092-3-point-suspension-question

This week I took apart my seats to check out the seat heaters. There simply was a wire through a hole in the frame and tied in a knot so it would not pull out. No seat heater was ever installed!

The local police tell me I am the 3rd person to come forward this year complaining about Justin. Unfortunately, the other 2 have little documentation which does nothing to support my claim of fraud.

Feel free to privately email or call if you have had a similar experience using Justin's services.

Ronald Liljedahl
rrliljedahl@gmail.com
828-243-9420

Tyrant 66

Adventurer
So far, I have resisted responding to this build thread but I can sit quietly no longer.

I am concerned that all of this positive energy about his current Samurai build will attract others to his services

I agree that Justin can be a very creative and skilled fabricater as is illustrated by what he is doing with the Samurai.

Justin Marquand is a sole proprietor owner doing business as HD-RV or Six 13 Metalworks out of his shop in Fletcher, NC.
Online he has been know as MegaAmbu, JMarquand, and now ZukiCamper.

What Justin does not tell is that he is a convicted felon presently on a 10 year probation for embezzling $30,000 in 2009 from a bicycle shop he managed in Florida.
http://www.gainesville.com/article/20110602/ARTICLES/110609884

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi...sturl=pagelistoffendersearchresults&listpage=

All of this is a matter of public record if you do a Google search.

From personel experience, Justin has shown me that he has not learned from his past mistakes. He appears to lack a social conscience which others need to aware of before entering into any business relationship with him. I bring this up here to alert others to be very careful before having him do any project that involves money.

Justin still owes me a $4600 refund for a custom flatbed camper build which he never started last January. He claimed to have no additional funds to give me but obviously he has enough money to trick out his Samurai.
View attachment 258818

Justin also started remodeling my truck last January to include a custom flatbed with a 3 point pivot mount. After having my vehicle for 8 months and taking $11,000 of my money, I now have my truck back in a state of disrepair and not being street legal. Current estimate (which keeps climbing) is $8000 to have someone else fix everything.

Here is a link to how poorly Justin built the rear pivot mount on my flatbed.
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/134092-3-point-suspension-question

This week I took apart my seats to check out the seat heaters. There simply was a wire through a hole in the frame and tied in a knot so it would not pull out. No seat heater was ever installed!

The local police tell me I am the 3rd person to come forward this year complaining about Justin. Unfortunately, the other 2 have little documentation which does nothing to support my claim of fraud.

Feel free to privately email or call if you have had a similar experience using Justin's services.

Ronald Liljedahl
rrliljedahl@gmail.com
828-243-9420

How Distressing!

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I wondered where this thread had gone; one day it had disappeared.

Sorry to hear of your truck issues Ron(I was down at HD-RV(main reason for my trip east was to see MegAmbo and other rigs) right after you dropped your truck off and saw renderings of the cabin he was going to build for you, heard all about the aluminum structure and panels he was going to get from Canada), shame to see Justin's talent go to waste. Hopefully you get made whole again for what you've gone thru. :(

rrliljedahl

Observer
I successfully sued Justin in small claims court and was awarded $8006 to cover the deposits he never refunded and the costs to redo what work he had done poorly. Of course, I knew that Justin never would willingly pay me. I then had to wait for 20 days to see if he was going to appeal and an additional 20 days after again demanding payment.

Finally about 2 weeks ago, I had the police seized and impounded this ZukiCamper with the plan of selling it at public auction to generate the necessary funds. About 4 days later, Justin miraculously came up with the $8006 so his ZukiCAMPER was released back to him and I get my money.

To my surprise, this week Justin was arrested, handcuffed, and placed in a squad car while at his place of work. It would appear that the local District Attorney has decided to charge and prosecute Justin for "failure to complete work paid for" relating to my case.

Somecallmetimm

Adventurer
Congrats on your success... It's a major bummer that things had to go as far as they did for him to fess up and take responsibility.

rrliljedahl

Observer
Congrats on your success... It's a major bummer that things had to go as far as they did for him to fess up and take responsibility.

You are giving him too much credit. He never did "fess up and take responsibility"! He ignored every attempt during the civil process to get him to refund my money. If I had not had the sheriff seize his vehicle, I would have never been paid. He has others who are still waiting for their refunds but do not have the supporting documentation that I had. His behavior shows that has no social conscience concerning what he owes others.

rrliljedahl

Observer
I wondered where this thread had gone; one day it had disappeared.

Sorry to hear of your truck issues Ron(I was down at HD-RV(main reason for my trip east was to see MegAmbo and other rigs) right after you dropped your truck off and saw renderings of the cabin he was going to build for you, heard all about the aluminum structure and panels he was going to get from Canada), shame to see Justin's talent go to waste. Hopefully you get made whole again for what you've gone thru. :(

Justin is a talented fabricator but he is also a talented manipulator of men. He promises many things but many times he does not follow thru.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater