Titan spare tire replacement fuel tank

Dalko43

Explorer
I got the titan tank for allot less than 2k. I like the idea of just pushing a button and transferring fuel into the main tank while driving down the road.

Are you planning on posting any writeup and/or pictures for the install? I'd be interested in seeing how it sets up for the Ram and where you end up putting the fuel door.

Why not mount a fuel cell? They are safe, inexpensive, and come in a ton of sizes.

Still takes up space and you need to figure out a way to transfer the fuel. I get that some people are turned off by the prices of Titan Tanks' options, but they're one of the few players in this part of the market and I do believe they're the only ones who use high-grade plastic on their tanks (I get the steel vs. plastic debate, but I do see the plastic tanks lasting longer in northern regions). So, to some degree, Titan is able to get away with charging higher prices.

Also, I don't see any safety issue with mounting a fuel tank behind the axle in a diesel vehicle. Some of the OEM C&C trucks have fuel tanks there. With a gasoline vehicle, I'd have more concerns putting a fuel tank in that location. Diesel is a lot less volatile than gasoline.

Chorky

Observer
Good you found a solution. Just an FYI that AeroTank also makes tank replacements. They have several options and can do anything custom if you have the specs for it, or just give them the vehicle info. I plan to go their route (since Titan doesn't make a tank for my rig). 3 tanks = 100 gal.

Kingsize24

Update: tank is here, the install will be done next week. I’ll post some pics then

Please do. I am anxious to see what you end up doing. I actually went last week to talk to a body man about a second factory filler door to be added behind the axle on the same side as the current factory fill. $450 for the bodywork and paint plus any OEM parts I want to use.

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
Please do. I am anxious to see what you end up doing. I actually went last week to talk to a body man about a second factory filler door to be added behind the axle on the same side as the current factory fill. $450 for the bodywork and paint plus any OEM parts I want to use.

Easy decision there...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues