Trailer Lid idea

JK-Mg1212

Observer
Can you supply me with the outside dimensions of the top of the main box on the M 416 and the Canadian 101.

If we can get 3 people to measure their trailers we can get a statistical average.

Pull 3 measurements, two outside and one middle.

Anyone wants to pull diagonals? It would be great to get measurements off a trailer that was still square.

I have the design drawn out, once I get measurements I can calculate costs.

I'll measure mine this weekend and post it. Curious to see how square mine is (or is not).

KA5IVR

Observer
I'm interested in a Lid for my M416 as well... Martyn, not sure if you remember, but I asked you at SEMA about a lid and if a AT lid would work.

I'll post the measurements for my M416 in the next day or so. Think it is about a 1967 vintage.

telwyn

Adventurer
Can you supply me with the outside dimensions of the top of the main box on the M 416 and the Canadian 101.

If we can get 3 people to measure their trailers we can get a statistical average.

Pull 3 measurements, two outside and one middle.

Anyone wants to pull diagonals? It would be great to get measurements off a trailer that was still square.

I have the design drawn out, once I get measurements I can calculate costs.

Mine is a 1967 m416. Here are my measurements:

Outside Width: 51 1/8" on side and 51" on the other side
Outside Length: 74" on either end
Outside Diagonal: 91" and 89.5" - big difference on my diagonal

Tight_wad

Adventurer
Mine is a 1967 m416. Here are my measurements:

Outside Width: 51 1/8" on side and 51" on the other side
Outside Length: 74" on either end
Outside Diagonal: 91" and 89.5" - big difference on my diagonal

Is your bed mounted to the frame while you are measuring it? Just wondering, mine measured different, until I remounted it to measure, then I was nice and square.

telwyn

Adventurer
Is your bed mounted to the frame while you are measuring it? Just wondering, mine measured different, until I remounted it to measure, then I was nice and square.

Yes, it was/is mounted to the frame while measuring. Looks square, but didn't measure that way. Given that most of the measurements came out square, I question how well my 8 year old daughter held the tape measure on the shorter diagonal.

Tight_wad

Adventurer
Yes, it was/is mounted to the frame while measuring. Looks square, but didn't measure that way. Given that most of the measurements came out square, I question how well my 8 year old daughter held the tape measure on the shorter diagonal.

Sure blame it on a kid! Just kidding. I used a piece of conduit and 2 magnetic squares to measure mine. I put the squares on the conduit, slid them tight, then measured between them. Worked good, and didn't have to have someone else help me.

brentbba

Explorer
Any sizing on the Canadian 101?

M101 CDN measurements:

width - 48 1/8"
length - 74 1/8"
diagonal - 88 1/4

Tub is square as can be as all measurements above were exactly the same both sides/ways.

Brent

Last edited:

KA5IVR

Observer
Here are the outside Measurements for my M416...

74-1/4" long x 51-1/8" wide (same for sides and middle)
Diagonals are 90" and 90-1/4" (pretty close to what it should be)

Last edited:

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
Where do I sign up for one?

:wings:I would love to have one that was removable, and due to the tailgate in my M 416, one that opened with the hinges along the front of the trailer.

Hafwit

Adventurer
Has anyone considered using Starboard--this is one of the marine composites used for boats. It isn't cheap, but it is supposed to be workable like wood and is purported to last forever.

Cheers,
Greg

toyrover

Observer
i would love to see some ideas, especially for the m101. Thought about building one, but if AT made one, I might be verrrry interested.

brentbba

Explorer
i would love to see some ideas, especially for the m101. Thought about building one, but if AT made one, I might be verrrry interested.

Me too depending on cost - holding off having a steel one fabed locally and waiting on results from Martyn on this!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven