Tran-America Trail: July 2008

Scott Brady

Founder
Brian Dearmon and I will be traveling the Colorado to Oregon segment of the Trans-America Trail

trans-am_map3.gif

We are going to plan a meet and greet at EarthRoamer, a BBQ, etc. We will use the Jeep to pull the two motos to EarthRoamer HQ and then the XV-JP conversion will get started (and should be finished around our return date).

I think it would be fun to have short sections where other riders come along. We will be documenting the trip for Overland Journal and doing HD video as well.

For now, the meet and greet will be either Friday night the 11th, or Saturday afternoon the 12th. We will finalize this in the next few days.

I will add some more details in a bit.

Last edited:

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Scott, that would be Friday the 11th, or Saturday the 12th. ;)

I'm off to tell my boss the bad news....I need another week off next month! :costumed-smiley-007

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
have a blast...
you run east-west on the transamerica...
we will be north-south on the continental divide...
Expo criss-crosses, slices & dices and covers the great outdoors :)
Too bad our route/schedule is behind yours otherwise we would plan an intersection

EricG

Explorer
Looks like the end is in Tennessee? What part?, never mind just read all of the 1st post.

jcbrandon

Explorer
re-supply points?

Scott-

It's gotta be tough to carry adequate supplies (beer) on the bikes. Sounds like you might need some guys with trucks to meet you here and there with fresh supplies (beer).

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
jcbrandon said:
Scott-

It's gotta be tough to carry adequate supplies (beer) on the bikes. Sounds like you might need some guys with trucks to meet you here and there with fresh supplies (beer).

There are sections of the trail that are not accessable to a 4wd....or so I hear. ;)

I do have a plan for cold beer in camp...but hey, if someone wants to bring it to us after a hard days ride....you won't hear me complain. :friday:

:D

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Sounds like quite the adventure. How are you getting back to AZ or CO?

Hope the snow in the highcountry is melted by then....:roost: :roost:

Scott Brady

Founder
I am going to take 80 back east after finishing in Oregon. I will need to pick up the EarthRoamer.

It is about 1300 miles back to EarthRoamer, so I am going to try and do an Iron Butt too, all in the same trip.

There are going to be several places along the way that will have 4wd access. We will do our best to time those spots for some group camping. That would be really fun.

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Looking forward to seeing your date/time estimates. Maybe I will be able to 'get dirty' with the old 1150 GS; not something I usually do, she's primarily a pavement queen ☺

kcowyo

ExPo Original
expeditionswest said:
I am going to take 80 back east after finishing in Oregon.

I'm not too far off of I-80, depending where you'll turn south into CO.
Maybe we'll be able to catch up on your way through, haven't seen you in awhile - :bigbossHL:

Hope you two have a safe and memorable adventure.

ccm00tacoma

Observer
4x4

goodtimes said:
There are sections of the trail that are not accessable to a 4wd....or so I hear. ;)

I do have a plan for cold beer in camp...but hey, if someone wants to bring it to us after a hard days ride....you won't hear me complain. :friday:

:D

Man, this would be amazing to do in my tacoma! Any ideas as to if the "non-4x4" sections of the trail can be bypassed? Seems like a good "first expedition" for me and the wife. I'm excited to see the progress of this trip!:wings:

-Adam

Scott Brady

Founder
All is on track to leave. We are going to have a kick-off party on the 12th of July, at the new EarthRoamer facility. I will post up the details today.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
kcowyo said:
Sounds like quite the adventure. How are you getting back to AZ or CO?

Hope the snow in the highcountry is melted by then....:roost: :roost:
I dunno the TAT route so much, but just talked to some people doing the CDT from border to border and they had to do the Creede bypass of the CT because of deep snow. I'd bet this could be an interesting challenge for them. Anywhere there's not access by trucks with plows is still pretty snow covered. I understand that there's still plenty of snow around Breckenridge, French Gulch had to be shoveled by hand apparently in prep for the Firecracker 50 this weekend and people were post holing around Searle Pass west of Copper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal