Truck Fridge sale. Prices only visible in checkout.

Overlanerd

Vagabond Outdoors
Got my Indel B 41 Liter (TB-41A)

I am stoked on this fridge. My old Norcold crapped-out on a trip and ruined $50 worth of groceries. It would also drain the battery fairly quickly and there were no "low voltage settings" like this puppy has.

My wife thinks it is too small, but she doesn't pack Tetris-style like I do. This thing is perfect for us.

One cool feature is the interior light. I wasn't expecting this, but happy that it's there.

Another nice thing is the self-locking latch. Very secure.

The whole exterior and interior is plastic. There is no exposed metal.

I've only run this on AC power and won't run it on DC until the 12 volt outlet gets installed in the Tacoma in a few weeks. Therefore, I can't offer amp/ wattage measurements until then. BTW, I am fairly uneducated when it comes to electronics. How do I measure the amp draw? I have a multimeter.

Here are some pics and measurements. Sorry for the low resolution pics taken from my phone at night. I'll try to post some daytime pics.

7935370416_9eb5c6a734_c.jpg

7935368222_636eb70ba9_c.jpg

7935365142_6533ee47c3_c.jpg

7935362490_b3cd704fda_c.jpg

7935359446_ff54a26f09_c.jpg

7935355594_2e47ece076_c.jpg

7935352872_e38b8ed867_c.jpg

7935349224_5efaef3e0f_c.jpg

7935346024_2994ab991c_c.jpg

7935341254_71c94391d4_c.jpg

7935546522_6b4620ba0a_c.jpg

7935543952_b9d04edcb4_c.jpg

7935542102_0d4b81fcf6_c.jpg

Last edited:

VDBAZFJ

Adventurer
I got the 51 model a couple of weeks ago. Used it this past weekend and it worked great! I was worried that my wife would not like it since it isnt exactly cheap and she is the bean counter. She commented a few times how much she loved it! I did install a dual battery and it never ran more than 12 hours before driving some more so I cannot comment on its battery drain. Its quiet and works great!

Overlanerd

Vagabond Outdoors
The website shows that they are TF models...is that the same thing?

I ordered mine from Truckfridge.com. The only place it says "Truckfridge" is on the invoice. Everything else is labeled "Indel B", including the box it comes in.

Overlanerd

Vagabond Outdoors
I can't find any interior dimensions anywhere. Is there anybody that can measure the inside of the 41 or the 31?

The 41:
-Big box: 12"L x 10"W x 14"D
-Small box: 5"L x 10.5"W x 7.5"D

The overall size of the opening is 18.125"L x 10.75"W

Sorry, I'm not a big fan of fractions.

The length for both boxes is measured front to back.

Hope this helps. Perfect for an under-the-bench fridge in that 4runner...

Last edited:

BajainMD

Hey gang, just FYI a Westfalia mechanic and small business owner is a dealer for Truck Fridge. He offers free shipping (in the USA) on top of the fact that you would be supporting the little guy as they say. Unfortunately he does not sell the TF51, but does sell a number of other built in style units. If anyone wants to take a look here is the link for that part of his site: http://www.westyventures.com/parts.html.

Last edited:

ThirstyCamel

I ordered one of these the other day. Fedex tracking says it's waiting for at home right now. Can't wait to get out of here and get home and open it up.

nuclearlemon

Adventurer
i don't see anything online about the availability of transit bags. we get a lot of sun, i like to make my fridge work as little as possible

Jay H

servicedriven.org
i don't see anything online about the availability of transit bags. we get a lot of sun, i like to make my fridge work as little as possible

These things look identical to dometec / waeco models. I am sure an appropriate sized transit bag for a waeco or dometec would work if your set on buying one rather than making one.

ibcrusn

The IndelB setup is very similar to the Dometic (Waeco) fridges and both use the same Danfoss compressor setup. I'm trying to troubleshoot my way through a freezing issue (same with nuclearlemon) and the schematic on the data tag just might help. Is there any chance in posting up a clearer pic? It would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Jay H

servicedriven.org
For schematics specs and trouble shooting go to the danfoss website. Danfoss.com has the info you are after. Just open up the offending unit and type the controller board model number into google. This will quickly take you to a danfoss technical document. I am sure these use some variant of the bdf-34 compressor/controller. I found the document for the compressor controller in my fridge and was able to add adjustability to the low voltage cut out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maynerd Mowat