Tundra regular cab short bed (RCSB)

zidaro

Explorer
dfkj1z.jpg

Sweet Ride!!

SC T100

Adventurer
Any chance you have any pics of the interior laying around? I am definitely curious as to the amount of room behind the front seats (I have seen a few grainy/far back pics, but no good ones).

And I hate you. :D j/k You have my dream truck :drool:

18seeds

Explorer
does anybody know the overal length of one of these? Turning radius?

I'll answer my question :)

Tundra Regular Cab
Overall length 209.8
Wheel base 126.8
bed length 78.7
Payload 1720

And for comparison

Tundra Crewmax 5.5 bed
Overall length 228.7
Wheel base 145.7
bed length 66.7
Payload 1575

Tacoma Double Cab Short Bed
Overall length 208.1
Wheel base 127.4
bed length 60.3
Payload 1295

18seeds

Explorer
Any chance you have any pics of the interior laying around? I am definitely curious as to the amount of room behind the front seats (I have seen a few grainy/far back pics, but no good ones).

And I hate you. :D j/k You have my dream truck :drool:

WOW looks huge.

163_0902_16z+2010_tundra_regular_cab_work_truck_package+interior_view.jpg

Time to put my tacoma back to stock and sell it :)

kishzilla

Thanks for the feedback guys, appreciate it. I've never owned a vehicle that was a "color" before. Always had white black or gray. The red was a big step for me but I really like it now. Easy to find my truck in the parking lot and I think it lends itself to the sports package well.

does anybody know the overal length of one of these? Turning radius?

Well you already answered the length question so I'll tell you my experience with the turning radius as I don't have actual figures.

I can easily pull a uturn on a 2 way street between the curbs, pulling into or backing out of parking spaces is a breeze, when I go camping I can follow my buddies FJcruiser through the trees and around stumps etc as long as I'm not too wide.

The room behind the seats is awesome. I'm 6'3" and I drive with the seat scooted all the way back and if I recline it all the way it's just enough to be able to take a nap. The space behind is enough to toss your gear back there if you don't have a topper. I routinely have my 95lb dog jump back there and he's able to turn around even thought the seats are all the way back. Also a neat feature ( don't know if the split bench has it or not but the bucket seats do) you can fold the passenger seat down and it has a hard plastic back to set paperwork or a laptop or something on. Also the center console easily has the most room I have ever seen. You could probably fit a couple 12 packs in there with room to spare, no joke.

Here are some interior Pics for those of you curious. It's dark and the truck is a little dirty so they aren't the best.

2zpv2br.jpg

15dqczl.jpg

124x5r5.jpg

That little door you see towards the back is where the factory jack and tire iron etc. is located.

And here is the new Topper:

2laeviq.jpg

2qxuur7.jpg

biqwd3.jpg

It has the side win/doors and the sliding front window. The color doesn't look right in the pictures but in person it's a perfect match. Got it used from a dealer for $450 out the door. All I have to do next is build the sleeping platform.

Oh and by the way 18seeds, small world but I think you might be the same guy I just sent a message to over on TTORA about your sleeping platform. I saw the thumbnail pics when searching on google of the one you sold earlier this year, but I can't see the full size ones when I go to look at them on the message board. If you still have the full size pics of the storage/ sleeping platform that would be a huge help for me in making mine since I would like to copy that design. Thanks man, appreciate it :D

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven