Two Weeks in Utah

beast1210

Adventurer
photos are fantastic, what kind of exposure do you use for this shot?

5114443927_854b96c064_b.jpg

cjs

Banned
I met up with a buddy of mine last Thursday for a weekend down in Cedar Mesa.

A beautiful night of camping under the Monster Moon. High on a mesa, we could see the lights of towns across the Four Corners region.

For our third night of camping, we planned a route that would take us west to the shores of Lake Powell for another killer night of full moon camping. The weather was perfect and spirits were high.

...and then...

mph

Expedition Leader
Wow, sorry to see the breakdown...I hope you got out of there safely.

BTW...looks like the Mesa is in great shape. You saw some very special ruins. Thanks for not simply disclosing what and where...If people are interested, they will find them. That is what is so neat about the area. One never knows what one will see around the next bend.

cjs

Banned
That will kill the mood. Trail welder?

I'm definitely installing a Power Welder before the next trip. It wouldn't have been easy but an air-powered grinder, welder, and a jack stand could have saved our trip and saved a very expensive tow to Moab.

cjs

Banned
BTW...looks like the Mesa is in great shape. You saw some very special ruins. Thanks for not simply disclosing what and where...If people are interested, they will find them. That is what is so neat about the area. One never knows what one will see around the next bend.

That's the best thing about Utah. If you simply follow someone else's guide, you won't have nearly as much fun. There's so much to see. Just drive it and take any turn that looks interesting.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
I'm definitely installing a Power Welder before the next trip. It wouldn't have been easy but an air-powered grinder, welder, and a jack stand could have saved our trip and saved a very expensive tow to Moab.

My welder has saved us on a trip or two, most recently on a SLC to Reno Pony Express Trip. Ended up doing a nasty patch job on a control arm that held for the remainder of the trip (1000+ miles of dirt/pavement). I like the Premier units but because I travel in two different vehicles I opted for the more portable Ready Welder II. As noted a single use and it pays for itself :D

r3run33

Adventurer
great pics thanks for sharing them. I'm one of those crazy people always asking for places to stop by. Now only for the the reason of good food or supplies (friendly shop keepers) another example your tow to moab. If the guy was nice and took care of you thats good. I know it was expensive but did he get there quick? was he nice? or was he grumpy b/c he had to come out on a dirt road to get ya? For travelers to go; break down; wait for 4 hours of r a tow then have to try another company b/c the first guy did not show up. These type of tips help out. if you purchased some rotten apples or spoiled chocolate milk from a place helps also. :)

Project510

Adventurer
Sorry to hear about the breakdown and expensive tow. Thanks for sharing the pics, what amazing scenery! Great looking rigs also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl