UAV-TD (Urban Assualt Vehicle - tear drop) build

silvrzuki77

explorer
9ery5uja.jpg

started the mock up of the hatch. Need to get more wood to cross brace it.

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Haha....I thought that was only after the first time your in it in the rain and realize your forgot to install the seal? ;O

So are these type doors/hatch usually made out of wood? I have never looked at them much and am learning.

silvrzuki77

explorer
For most the trailers yes. Super hard to do the radius bends out of steel or aluminum. If you go to tnttt.com they have a generic build plan you can download for free and shows you a how too. Obviously you will have to make changes as needed but great ideas on there.

silvrzuki77

explorer
So Im on my 6 day finally woohoo!! Been working on the hatch a little. Here is the progress
hu2ary6u.jpg

My wife has one day left of teaching before summer vacation and i will have more time to work on it. Bad news its now over 100 degrees everyday.

rocrunr

Adventurer
It won't be long now. The hatch is coming along nicely.If you want you could share that 100 degree weather for a bit,our daytime high was 57 degrees today!

rocrunr

Adventurer
Yeah that would work for me.I don't know what would be worse paying my heating bills our your air conditioning bills. lol

rocrunr

Adventurer
Nice ,Your getting better at bending wood. lol Inspiration for others to build their own trailers.All this hard work and learning will pay off when its complete and you can say I built that!.

silvrzuki77

explorer
Well here is todays update. Got 2 hrs sleep last night at the fire station soo pretty beat. Got the insulation cut and glued in and all the wiring ran. Borrowed a hot knife, what a great tool!!!
Any ways herebis the main body and yes i did one backwards lol.
null_zpscf90926b.jpg

Got the hatch glued in and sanded the edges.
null_zpsd341c421.jpg

Hope to have the body skinned with wood sometime this week

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77