UAV-TD (Urban Assualt Vehicle - tear drop) build

silvrzuki77

explorer
Haha not soo much.. But is should have some update pics on thursday! Been veenering the interior but i have to unroll it then roll it backwards soo it will stay flat if that makes sense lol. Have quite a bit going on finish veenering then clear stain the interior finish the interior electrical cubby door and run pvc pipe from the roof down for electrical chase....of course its in the 100's now in vegas. Blah thursday i promise new pics lol

silvrzuki77

explorer
Updates!!!!! Jeez been for ever.
Finished veenering the interior. Not totally happy i had to do this... Just need to finish edgingall the corners, trim pieces and need to clear stain it also.ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368661012.107956.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368661026.707261.jpg
Ran the electrical conduit down the side also
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368661095.809822.jpg
When i was at the trailer store the other day they had a used leveling jack
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368661131.326380.jpg
I really like this simple style just are not long enough. Well for 15 bucks had to pick up and play with it. And bam its 4 feet long lol.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368661211.676505.jpg
Once the trailer is loaded down i will cut it down to length and make a swivel foot.

rocrunr

Adventurer
Looking really good! What are you using for the interior finish clear or stain? Good score on the levelling jack.

silvrzuki77

explorer
I cleared coated it today, but it came out with a ruff texture after drying? Looks good but I will need to sand it a little.

jim65wagon

I cleared coated it today, but it came out with a ruff texture after drying? Looks good but I will need to sand it a little.

What clear are you using? Some of them almost require a fine natural hair brush (or find something recommended for the coating you are using) and a very slow steady application to keep air bubbles to a minimum. Brushing fast or roll on application results in those air bubbles which ad it dries become rough to the touch.....

silvrzuki77

explorer
I was using varathane no odor polyurethane. I did use a roller guess i shouldnt of listened to the lowes worker :( Says it can cause grain raise. Going to sand it and brush it on.

rocrunr

Adventurer
2 mistakes people make with finishes is that they shake the can before they start filled it with tiny air bubbles and using rollers.I have had good luck using a foam brush or a fine haired brush as Jim stated.

silvrzuki77

explorer
I knew not to shake it! Lol but failed on the other part. A friend said to use a scotchbrite pad to sand it down. Live and learn I guess.

TheThom

Adventurer
That's the nice thing about those finishes, just sand and recoat. More small coats is better than a few big ones anyway. I used like 7 coats of Varathane for my camper floor and 4 for the counters. It'll turn out great.

IF you use 220 grit sandpaper with a random orbit sander on the lowest setting it'll do a nice job. Just don't sand for more than a few seconds.

rocrunr

Adventurer
Second the scotchbrite pads just knock the highs down and take the shine off. Wipe it down with a tack rag and on to the next coat.

silvrzuki77

explorer
Alrighty got a few things done this weekend.
Got the galley walls up
null_zps2c61584b.jpg

Cut all the middle galley hatch ribs out sanded to match each other.
null_zps051ebf8c.jpg

Soo i will have a total of 5 including the two exterior. The interior are 1/2" and the exterior is 1/2 and 3/4" glued together.
I trimed about a half inch off the 3/4"for a lip that sits down on the interior.
null_zpsc4605d65.jpg

Kind of hard to see the lip. Soo now to start putting the hatch together soon. Also a buddy is giving me some heavier samurai springs to make a bastard pack out off.

silvrzuki77

explorer
Had to work today soo brought in my interior light and my exterior flood lights and converted them too LED. Works awesome! Total cost for each light is 11 bucks.
null_zpsfb5c9657.jpg

null_zpsd4fd8278.jpg

Sorry dont have any with them on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77