Part of a old dynamite box.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390527688.232681.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390527688.232681.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
There is more snow in Atlanta than there is here in BC...well where I am at least. Local ski hill had a record snow fall last year and this year, nada. They closed already.

mmossinger

Hi,
I've been admiring your trailer for a while, and I've been thinking about building something similar. I'm currently trying to decide how/where I would like to place my water tank and was hoping you could lend some advice. It looks like yours is centered above your axle, are you happy with the placement? Was that mostly just to offset the weight of the water? How low does yours hang down and do you have any clearance issues with the axle?
Thanks, Matt

silvrzuki77

explorer
Hey Matt, the best place is to mount it above the axle. Keeps the weight centered over the axle. Being sprung under I could not make my tank fit, so I had to move mine just in front of the axle. With my front tongue box I don't have the most ideal tongue weight, but it works well. I have 14" of ground clearance at the skid plate for the tank and have never hit it. I recessed the tank but it's still to large. Maybe independent suspension on air bags and running a different tank would have worked lol. Here is a pic for you.
u6ujupav.jpg

Last edited:

silvrzuki77

explorer
Well been awhile but I started the finishing stuff on my trailer. Starting with the interior molding. Around the interior sides and cabinets.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394409328.690310.jpg
I found out awhile ago against all odds I'm having a third boy. Congrats??? I guess lol. Soo I really dont know where I stand on the trailer?? Keep it and buy the older ones a nice ground tent? Roof tent? (Wont fit in the garage mounted) Build a bigger trailer? Sell everything and buy a van/sportmobile? Guess I have 2 1/2 years to truly make a desicion.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Congrats man! Yeah, that is a conundrum isn't it? I guess I had better get my butt back down to Vegas soon and look you up if I ever want to see this thing in person? lol

Interior is looking good.

Septu

Explorer
I found out awhile ago against all odds I'm having a third boy. Congrats??? I guess lol. Soo I really dont know where I stand on the trailer?? Keep it and buy the older ones a nice ground tent? Roof tent? (Wont fit in the garage mounted) Build a bigger trailer? Sell everything and buy a van/sportmobile? Guess I have 2 1/2 years to truly make a desicion.

Congrats. Buy them a ground tent. Gives them the sense of "camping" and all that jazz. Besides when they're young, their backs can handle sleeping on the ground better!

silvrzuki77

explorer
Little update....been trying to figure a neat way to finish where the walls and ceiling meet. Was down at the sporting goods store looking at climbing rope BAM!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395083121.757147.jpg
Gives it a little personal touch lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77