UAV-TD (Urban Assualt Vehicle - tear drop) build

silvrzuki77

explorer
Sucks the big one!!!! Pretty unheard of in the hummer forums. Guess Im the lucky one. Course GM decided it need to put a specialty pump in that 5.3 that not a single store carries including the dealer! Pumps suppose to be on the way. Hopefully its a pump issue versus a steering rack. Had better controll with higher RPM (relief valve stuck?). Able to drive home. Course my beater truck is a single cab which doesnt work with 2 children seats soo now I need to find a 4 door car. Hopefully I can get this sorted out soon . Hope to head out somewhere soon. Oh the biggest upgrade for the camper is a dedicated camper pillow since I seem to forget mine 2/3 trips lol.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Oh no...that sucks about the PS pump. Oh man, I totally forgot too, I just got back from 5 days in Vegas and I was totally going to say we should meet up for a beer(s)...oops?

Hope you get your stuff sorted out soon man!
Greg

toyotech

Expedition Leader
that really sucks. stuff like that is what makes me not wanna take my 88 runner on any long distance trips. hope you get it all fixed and ready for the next trip. cant wait to see it in action

silvrzuki77

explorer
Pump is fixed finally took forevere to get the new one. Works like it should. Seems the pressure relief valve went bad, Im the only one to have had that issue in the hummer forums fluke I guess. Hope to have a trip soon but holidays will dictate that.

Greg should off stop by! I have had tons of beers lately with all the down time! Lol

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Pump is fixed finally took forevere to get the new one. Works like it should. Seems the pressure relief valve went bad, Im the only one to have had that issue in the hummer forums fluke I guess. Hope to have a trip soon but holidays will dictate that.

Greg should off stop by! I have had tons of beers lately with all the down time! Lol

I know I know... funny thing, my wife and I were looking at prices of Condo's and small houses in your area, some pretty stellar deals to be had. Might approach another couple or more and see about buying a place in and around LV? Would be pretty nice. Next time for sure!!

silvrzuki77

explorer
You can get some pretty stellar deals on houses also. Let me know next time your down.
Headin out to those mines jan 18th.

Last edited:

rocrunr

Adventurer
Zuk did you ever sit down and figure how much money the finished trailer cost roughly? Be interesting to hear the costs of some of the builds on here to give people planning to build an idea of what is involved. Everyone seems to document the builds but no one wants to talk the cost. lol

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
That's because they all get it wrong :)

I've done two major builds and both cost roughly 2x what I thought they would, but then I'm a bad estimator.

It's been a few years now but IIRC Wothahellizat Mk2 cost me $45k for the rebuild, not including the chassis and a lot of appliances because I used them from Mk1. I do have it documented somewhere.

rowerwet

considering the cost of a factory made rig, DIY may or may not be cheaper, but it will be as close to what you want as you can make and nothing beats being able to say "I made it myself". Even the factory built rigs will need additions and modifications to make exactly what you want ($$$)

CGuava

Great build. I've read through it a few times now. Any chance you have the part number and source for the water tank and the water pump? Getting ready to start my frame and your tank looks to fit the bill. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77