UAV-TD (Urban Assualt Vehicle - tear drop) build

Scoutman

Explorer
I just read the whole thread over the past few evenings and i have to say, very nice build. I have to ask, with 2 little ones, what are your sleeping arrangements for everyone?

silvrzuki77

explorer
Thats great question. My little guy hasnt been camping yet. He turns two next week. Going to try a backyard camp trip in the near future. I might get them a really nice ground tent like the arb swag or a rooftent. They like playing in tents at home. We are having a 3rd in july sooo I dont know how well this setup will work for me in the future. Sportsmobile maybe?

Septu

Explorer
Still dont know yet, havent had a chance to weigh it yet. Got to find a place also.

I assume you have a truck weigh station near by? Go run it over the scales when they're not busy. Won't give you an official number (sometimes needed for registration?), but will give you an idea.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Thats great question. My little guy hasnt been camping yet. He turns two next week. Going to try a backyard camp trip in the near future. I might get them a really nice ground tent like the arb swag or a rooftent. They like playing in tents at home. We are having a 3rd in july sooo I dont know how well this setup will work for me in the future. Sportsmobile maybe?

You can always put an RTT on the roof for the kids/you and a kid? I mentioned that to my wife, a Tear Drop with a clam shell style hard shell RTT.

silvrzuki77

explorer
I really like the hard rooftop tents like autohome just soo expensive. Then my problem if its on the teardrop is pulling it off everytrip to fit in the garage. Ive been meaning to buy a high quality 2 person tent for backpacking soo maybe it will be my excuse lol.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Yup... pricey.

Was just on the CVT website looking at the Mt Baker. $1995.00, but MAN that would be awesome on top of the XJ!

1380295032.jpg

A nice backpacking tent is also nice. Heck, just getting out is nice.

silvrzuki77

explorer
Yeah I screwed up about 4 years ago and passed on a hard shell roof tent some guy had on craigslist locally for $400. I agree just getting out is better.

silvrzuki77

explorer
Well we got to go out finally!!! trailer worked great!!! Need to add a hot water setup. We were exploring some mines and showering with cold water sucks lol. Tried to get a weight at the truck stop super and they were super busy. So far no complaints everything worked well. We camped on the side of the mountain, with about a 300ft drop in front of us. perfect weather, no bugs!

Last edited:

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
Oh my gawd it has dirt on it!!!!!! Never be the same.

Glad you got to play with it, have been so busy the last few months, I figured you had worn it out and were starting on another one!!!! Well maybe not. Hope to fix mine, I finally tore a hole in my water tank. Have no idea how or where, so ordering a new one and making the skid plates I thought I would never need.

Looks good out there with some dirt on it Zuk.

silvrzuki77

explorer
Lol I know finally!! Just in time for me to blow my wrist out!!!!! I cant win here! Since I have alot of time Ive been thinkin of build number 2. Lol. Maybe tandem axle but trailing arm suspension. But more sitting and sleeping options. Sorry to hear about the water tank at least they arnt to expensive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77