UAV-TD (Urban Assualt Vehicle - tear drop) build

TheDoc

just another Aussie!!!
On a rough corrugated road that may bump right out unless you have drilled through the base of your gas bottle as we'll.
I like the little water heater, what's the cost on one of those?

silvrzuki77

explorer
Sorry I didnt show the bottom of the tank it has several holes that are predrilled in it.

The ecotemp was $130 bucks shipped! Great deal

Scoutman

Explorer
On a rough corrugated road that may bump right out unless you have drilled through the base of your gas bottle as we'll.
I like the little water heater, what's the cost on one of those?

I believe there are already holes in the bottom ring of the LP tanks that the bolts/nuts he put on the ring will attach through.

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
Update!!!!! Since i got the ecotemp Ive been needing to mount a propane tank. Had my tank from the bbq out back I dont use anymore soo I wanted to keep it. I did not want to use a generic holder or spend a fortune on one. I read somewhere that somebody used a 8" pipe as a base. I stopped by a pipe place and they let me go through their left over and BAM!!!! View attachment 222703
I drilled holes around the ring that matched the generic propane tank and then welded nuts too it. Slapped it on the rear fender and welded it on.
View attachment 222704
Tank mounted
View attachment 222705
Pretty damn secure and no hoky brackets. Need to get a real thin rubber mat good to go!

very nice idea that! I totally wonder where you got the info for the 8" pipe base! ;) I can send you the information for the top strap I use if you do need it.

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
That is about the cleanest thing I have ever seen for mounting a bottle. You are the man. I will be doing that very soon. Thanks a million Zuk, I have struggled with that part for years. I am not paying 200 bucks for a strap, that will break on the first hit.

silvrzuki77

explorer
Thanks matthew thanks skersfan! I was searching forever on where I saw it! Props! No need for a top strap at all!!!! Trying to find some pics of this weekends death valley trip. We went down trail canyon which was super super washed out! That tank will never fall out!

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Love it. Follows the KISS principal, and looks nice too. Could freak people out on the highway thinking it is just sitting there on the ledge!!

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
You could put a yellow decal, beware of falling propane tank. That would get their attention, most likely get a wide birth when they tried to pass you. lol I doubt the Highway Patrol would see the humor in it though.

silvrzuki77

explorer
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402190062.343883.jpg
Little update added my 12v computer fan! Soo much quieter than the rv fan! Looking at doing a stainless counter top and rain gutter for the doors soon. Still for sale.... Hoping to step into the big truck realm for the family.

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
I missed that you are selling the trailer. I have actually thought about selling mine. My work is requiring it at the time, but may get rid of it after the summer. Just delivered the latest tear drop and have another starting in the fall.

Thinking about buying a new small AFrame Chalet and redoing the main frame, giving it more ground clearance. I have always liked the Aframe idea for standing and cooking inside, full bed with a place to set and eat out of the rain. The wife keeps saying small motor home, no more trailers. Hard to get a motorhome over the mountain passes in Colorado!

silvrzuki77

explorer
We are having a surprise baby next month, another boy to tote! I know I could cram everyone into the hummer and buy a tents, but just doesnt seem practical. Looking at E series vans, but now looking at getting a used m1078A1 ditching the bed and installing a travel trailer to the rear. Actually be cheaper than doing a van conversion. Anyways still bummed I am selling my setups.

protohyp

Adventurer
I used to build guitars and it's definitely hard to sell something you've put your love into. I heard this is the last year of the Econolines so might be a good time to get one cheap and turn it into a home made sports mobile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77