UJOR Build Thread

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Thanks! The brakes feel really really good. Had a serious pull at 1st but its good now. I've only put 20 or so miles on it so far so I haven't done any hard stops. But, I can feel the power!

Thanks man! Thanks for posting the link. I've gotten the lights on Amazon too.

So how does the SSBC 8pot calipers with their 13"x1.5" rotors feel compared to the RSC's 14.5" setup?

Yes, I got my lights off Amazon--carID is the seller. Quite a bit less $ on Amazon IIRC.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
So how does the SSBC 8pot calipers with their 13"x1.5" rotors feel compared to the RSC's 14.5" setup?

Yes, I got my lights off Amazon--carID is the seller. Quite a bit less $ on Amazon IIRC.

So far they feel the same if not a bit better. I still haven't stood on them, letting everything break in.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
So far they feel the same if not a bit better. I still haven't stood on them, letting everything break in.

Hot darn that's good news. Must be from improved pedal feel from a more precision-crafted caliper?
We're all looking forward to hear more of your feedback after bed-in/break-in.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Hot darn that's good news. Must be from improved pedal feel from a more precision-crafted caliper?
We're all looking forward to hear more of your feedback after bed-in/break-in.

Don't get too excited yet....... can't get an email answered from them and I've been on hold for over 15 minutes this morning waiting for someone in sales.

V7 looks great! Do you think articulation will be limited much out back with the 4" lift? Have fun in it!

We'll see!

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Bring a tape measure with you to the Expo! Got to figure out the sag on this thing. I'm not sure how to measure nose to tail because of different body lines and what-not, but if I measure at the front of the box and the rear of the box there's a solid 2" of sag in the butt, and a bit of a list to starboard. I'm guessing about 3" total nose to tail. Got a serious pre-runner thing going on and unfortunately that's not my bag. Rides great though! :)

Oh, and if you know anybody looking for a set (6) of Cooper 235/85R16s Discoverer AT3s with less than 6k on them, point them my way. I could even haul them down.

Looking forward to this trip.

DzlToy

Explorer
Easiest way to measure unusual sized or shaped objects for level is with a water tube level. Get a long piece of clear plastic hose and fill it to the level you want to check. No matter where you place it on the truck, house, yard, etc., the water line at each of the ends will always be level.

Another option is to use a mason's string. Setup two poles, stakes or post and run a taught string between them with a small hanging level that clips over the string. Once the string is level (check multiple points along the length), you can use it as a reference point for the length or width of the vehicle.

limatangobravo

Observer
Are you running spacers on the rear? Doesn't look like the rear axle is a full floater. Van looks VERY nice Chris. Guess it is time to get her dirty.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
What did I tell you? ;) or :(

No kidding. I don't have much patience for that stuff anymore. Mot going to beg anyone to take my $$ and boost their sales. I have enough vendors that irritate me :)

Are you running spacers on the rear? Doesn't look like the rear axle is a full floater. Van looks VERY nice Chris. Guess it is time to get her dirty.

Yes, 2" spacers. I had a FF 60 disc brake to put in it but going to save that axle for another build.

No dirty until after the show! Not even in the rain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater