UJOR Build Thread

tgreening

Expedition Leader
That Raptor vid has been floating around for years, and every time I see it I'm amazed that some people are allowed to breed.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Yea that video is so ****** there is no explanation!

We have a problem at UJ. Too many vans here, too many on the way, too may deadlines! We're gonna have to pull some Saturdays to keep our heads above water. 3 of us came in today and racked this 7.3 Chateau, yanked the transmission, fuel tank & front suspension, got everything prepped and built/installed the front axle.

10406417_1133000360052524_8134056655328961350_n.jpg

12705699_1133118986707328_2814967502299810149_n.jpg

tgreening

Expedition Leader
One year my shop worked 50 out of 52 weekends, and 24 hrs a day (3 shifts). Some guys would complain and I always told them get it while you can, and it beats standing in a cheese line someplace.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
We have a problem at UJ. Too many vans here, too many on the way, too may deadlines! We're gonna have to pull some Saturdays to keep our heads above water. 3 of us came in today and racked this 7.3 Chateau, yanked the transmission, fuel tank & front suspension, got everything prepped and built/installed the front axle.

Love hearing this!!! And so good to see your team is willing to put in the extra effort to keep the momentum cranking. :smiley_drive:

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
I love sneaking into work on a random weekend day to catch up on work etc. Its amazing how much you can accomplish when no one thinks that you are there.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
One year my shop worked 50 out of 52 weekends, and 24 hrs a day (3 shifts). Some guys would complain and I always told them get it while you can, and it beats standing in a cheese line someplace.

Thats a lot!

Love hearing this!!! And so good to see your team is willing to put in the extra effort to keep the momentum cranking. :smiley_drive:

Yea I've got a good crew.

I love sneaking into work on a random weekend day to catch up on work etc. Its amazing how much you can accomplish when no one thinks that you are there.

Me too! Before the kids I would work every Saturday, even if it was just to clean. I had a great time yesterday, don't get to spend enough time in the shop these days.

To bad I'm booked at work, I would come out for a nice ( working) vacation. At least the GF could go have some fun.

Yea yea I've heard this 100 times ;)

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Yeah, it was a lot. I hated to hear the phone ring because it was either A) somebody that wanted to send me work, or B) somebody that wanted to know when work I already had would be done. Stressful year.

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
Just don't forget to enjoy time with family and friends. Time will blow by so fast.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

Just don't forget to enjoy time with family and friends. Time will blow by so fast.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

This.

I used to work 75hr work weeks, we'd go in Monday morning, leave Tuesday at 5, go in Wednesday morning, leave Wednesday nite, and go in Thursday and leave Friday at 5. Sometimes a Saturday would be necessary.

This was at an auto repair shop, specializing in Land Rover and jaguar. There was so much work to be done it was ridiculous. But the shop was small and there wasn't a place for a 6th or more guy to fit, so we just buckled down and did it. For about 2 years. I don't remember much about those years in my life.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
True. My kids are so little that I don't have much of an option. I simply can't work late nights and weekends. It was tough at 1st but a bit of a relief!

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
AlphaVan is almost done at paint. Looks great! Should be back to our shop late this week/early next. Should also be getting word on the engine any day.

12745789_1134221479930412_7188104131857068700_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater