UNDERCOVER 5.0 WINCH BUMPER (WTD)

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
In our continuing effort to bring you quality products made here in the USA, we have came up with a new winch style bumper. The biggest difference between our previous winch bumper and this one is the hidden winch. For those of you who do not like the look of the winch mount on top or how large these bumpers can be on your Van. This bumper "Undercover 5.0" is more then 2" tighter to the body as our previous winch bumper and now also features additional mounting of a 32" LED light bar. The double skid plates made from 1/4 aluminum are going to give you plenty of front end protection.
We hope this is something you like, and always appreciate your feedback.

backwoods

Awesome work. I was a little concerned about the winch mount that you guys have previously shown. On rigs this big, I want my winch as close to the same axis as the frame as possible. It looks like this unit is not listed on your site yet. Is that correct?

Another question, based on some of the language on your site, can you clarify which bumpers (with winch options) require removing the front swaybar? I have an '09 E150.

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
winch bumper

Awesome work. I was a little concerned about the winch mount that you guys have previously shown. On rigs this big, I want my winch as close to the same axis as the frame as possible. It looks like this unit is not listed on your site yet. Is that correct?

Another question, based on some of the language on your site, can you clarify which bumpers (with winch options) require removing the front swaybar? I have an '09 E150.

You guys here on EP were the first to get to see this bumper built. It is on the site now
http://www.weldtec-designs.com/product/undercover-5-0-winch-bumper/

None of the front bumper require you to remove your sway bar, however some 4x4 conversions have installed other components on the front section of the frame where the bumper lower mounts are. When ordering you just need to specify if you are or are not running a sway bar.

backwoods

Awesome! At this point, I can't imagine that you won't get my bumper and suspension business. My biggest issue at this point is deciding which suspension setup that I want/need. I don't really plan to go too extreme, but your comments about taming the ride of these vans with your better kits has caught my attention.

One thing I will throw out there though, is that there are many of us that have been looking for less expensive/less bulky/lighter winch mounting solutions for our E series. You guys are definitely cranking out products that fit that those needs.

I do think that there is still an opening for someone to produce a hidden winch mount like Quadvan does. Sure they make one, but if anyone has ever tried to get in touch with them, you will understand why I refuse to do business with them. You answered a question that I had within a day on a forum which you had no obligation to even look at. This means something to me. I can't get them to answer the phone or an email, and I've been trying on and off for three years. Their mount seems like nothing more than a simple channel mount. I've considered trying to make one, even though I have no fab/metalworking skills.

I would think that you guys could easily create an equivalent and find a decent market for it, particularly amongst some of the people doing "budget" builds that seem so popular right now. My offroading plans for my van are much less extreme than what I do in my dedicated, offroad only rig, lessening my need for a full front guard solution. I also kinda like my 2009+ front bumper, and could dig a hidden mount.

Anyway, I appreciate your contributions to this segment of the industry, and I appreciate your fast response to my original question!

Sorry for the "wall of text".

Here's the quadvan setup that I am referring to:

DSC_0832.jpg~original

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Give me that in raw steel and I'd be on it like white on rice. I hate those big friggin tubed monstrosities that look like the lions share of an off shore oil rigged bolted to some peoples junk

backwoods

Give me that in raw steel and I'd be on it like white on rice. I hate those big friggin tubed monstrosities that look like the lions share of an off shore oil rigged bolted to some peoples junk

I love my ARB Deluxe bullbar on my now retired Expo-Yota, but on 2wd vans, without a sky-high lift, some of the bumpers out there (Aluminess) make them look like SWAT vehicles or railroad vehicles, IMHO.

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Winch Bumper

We just got this back from powder coating and installed it on the customers van! This bumper powder coated in mini text stands out great on this white sportsmobile. Im sure he will put it to good use on his adventures!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk