Watches - ExPo Style

clandr1

Adventurer
Anyone bought or seen a Maratec Pilots watch? They look nice, and less than $300 Nice sized watch...

dyhedymu.jpg
a4azu6et.jpg

I have the mid pilot and love it. The power reserve standby is only like 40 hours, but other than that I have no complaints. I sometimes wish it had a date window, but that would take away from what it is - a basic, easy to read pilot's watch. It works in both dress and casual settings, and when I know I'm going to get rough, I throw on my G-Shock.

Customized? Was it that Red bezel? Can you tell us more about what was done, who did I it and what it costs?

TIA!

Looks to me like it was done with a new bezel insert, new dial with single date window instead of day/date, and new hands. You can do it yourself with parts from Dagaz or Yobokies, etc. or you can buy one pre-done sometimes.

ripperj

Explorer
y5y4y5az.jpg
Got this last month. Ball Engineering Master II DLC. Swiss automatic, 51 tritium gas lights. My first big boy watch.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

ripperj

Explorer
I tried to take a dark pic, the gas lights are awesome. Blue numerals, yellow hands. Like a previous poster, I bought it because it is very very easy to read in all light conditions, even without my glasses.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Searched this thread expecting to find multiple references to my daily-wear and ExPo watch - the venerable Seiko 5 SNK809:
http://www.amazon.com/Seiko-SNK809-Automatic-Watch-Canvas/dp/B002SSUQFG

I've switched to a nice HadleyRoma leather strap for daily wear:
5U8Oznrl.jpg

Though for the price, I'll probably pick up a second one (or some similar variant) to keep on the original canvas strap for "expedition" use.

I wear my SNK809 with a nice black NATO strap I picked up from Crown and Buckle. I like it way better than the cheesy canvas strap it came with and NATO's have a built in safety - in case a spring bar breaks the strap still holds the watch head on. I also have the SKX007 Seiko diver that is a bulletproof reasonably priced automatic.

AZ ADVenturist

Observer
SEIKO 5 is fine by me

I want a watch that tells the time, day & date with reasonable accuracy. No bells, no whistles or geegaws, pictures or GPS!! Under $150 so I can replace it without guilt when it is destroyed in the next moto crash;-)
Oh, & not a fashion accessory no body else gives a damn about.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Seiko 5 will fit the bill. I have one that's awesome. mines a full stainless diver with orange face. I am looking at a couple more as I love mine I have now.

Beamer pilot

Explorer
I want a watch that tells the time, day & date with reasonable accuracy. No bells, no whistles or geegaws, pictures or GPS!! Under $150 so I can replace it without guilt when it is destroyed in the next moto crash;-)
Oh, & not a fashion accessory no body else gives a damn about.

Yes I agree, although I do have few watches acquired over the years mostly for work or diving, but no fashion items.
Never could figure out why people pay exorbitant amounts of money to buy DG, Lacoste, Nautica and other fashionistas garbage, they don't and never did manufacture watches. Not to mention that many are cheap Chinese copies.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I don't consider those brands high end or expensive. I have 2 rolex, a breitling, a Hamilton and a bunch of others. these brands are more along the lines of luxury brands. my 2 rolex set me back quite a bunch, as did the breitling. but I would not trade them or sell them for anything.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Check out Momentum watches by St Moritz.

http://www.momentumwatch.com/

VERY reasonably priced watches, the company is from Vancouver in Canada and they make some excellent and very rugged watches. Personal crush of the moment is the Deep 6. A buddy has one, it is a hefty hunk of timepiece but very solid and all for a couple hundred bucks.

1M-DV06B4B.jpg

AZ ADVenturist

Observer
That is a great looking watch, but @ $200+\- is some over budget. And looks a lot like the $100 Invicta I got at Costco a couple years ago. Automatic too. Probably still avail. On line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach