Watches - ExPo Style

ripperj

Explorer
Maybe it's me, but I have to look at that watch for too long to even tell the time, the hands get lost in the dial. I do like gadget watches though.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I have the earlier model pro trek. I really like it. Also, just got a new Rolex GMT! super nice! Thanks for the heads up on the kreyos, I will get the pebble instead!

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I have the earlier model pro trek. I really like it. Also, just got a new Rolex GMT! super nice! Thanks for the heads up on the kreyos, I will get the pebble instead!

It is actually working 100% better now that I was able to get the firmware properly installed and set up. Stays connected to Bluetooth quite well now. It is however a bit more "raw" than it should be. Give it a year of updates and I am sure it will be fine. Now, not so hot. Pebble is a better bet methinks.

VanIsle_Greg

Maybe it's me, but I have to look at that watch for too long to even tell the time, the hands get lost in the dial. I do like gadget watches though.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

It looks much nicer in person. It is a great watch, great size and fit. It is a bit busy...but I dig it. MANY nice features.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Watches

Just picked up this Panerai Luminor Submersible No. 262 of 800.

Attachments

• watch.jpg
    watch.jpg
    455.2 KB · Views: 57

WininUtah

Adventurer
I've only owned a few watches and have settled on an Omega Seamaster for the last 10+ years. I had a Panerai, Rolex Daytona, Tag Heuers and a couple of Luminox, always came back to my Omega. I like a watch to just tell time, no need for other features, we all have gadgets for that stuff. If I was buying a new watch I'd go with a Damasko DA36, looks perfect for someone that spends time outdoors. http://www.damaskousa.com/damasko-da36.asp

da36_zoom.jpg

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Just picked up a new G shock watch from the store my son works at. Its grey and green, very very nice, and bombproof. Great for wearing in the bush.

narddog

Observer
Recieved my new wenger commando xl yesterday. I like the simple face design and rubber strap. Time will tell how it holds up...literally
9b43e7ae9b7808b42115add1e67ac889.jpg

ventura911

Adventurer
I've been using and abusing my Casio Pathfinder PAW1200 for almost 8 years without a problem, other than having to replace the band once. I like its rounder shape, compared to other Pathfinders, and especially like the solar and atomic time features.

Stock pic:
attachment.php

I don't own one, but I'm liking the new Victoinox I.N.O.X.
http://www.victorinoxwatches.com/en/timepieces/inox/

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 677
  • casio_pathfinder_paw_1200_watch___in_great_shape_1_lgw.jpg
    casio_pathfinder_paw_1200_watch___in_great_shape_1_lgw.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 672
Last edited:

ventura911

Adventurer
(Can someone advise how I can avoid displaying the attached thumbnails? I used to know how to fix it, but not at the moment. Thanks!)

srserl

Observer
Not an expensive watch, but it has lots of nice features. I have owned it for about 6 months so far with no complaints other than an overly complex digital section.
Pros:
Large numbers
dual time zones and alarms in the digital section
water resistant
Indiglo back lighting (very, very nice!!!)
outer timing ring

Cons:
overly complex digital operation
can't see date without pressing a button
cheaply made (time will tell)
http://http://www.timex.com/watches/expedition-resin-combo-t451819j
T45181_1.jpg

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Does your Timex Expedition tick really loudly?

I have another model from that line and it is AMAZINGLY LOUD. Like, I have to take it off my wrist and bury it in clothing at night lest it keep we awake loud.

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
Casio Tough Solar

I LOVE this watch. I have had G Shocks and Tough Solar watches for years. This is by far my favorite one. Altimeter/Compass/Barometer, etc. Triple Sensor and it gets the time updated every day automatically. I love it.

Attachments

• NCM_1691.JPG
    NCM_1691.JPG
    313.7 KB · Views: 74

VanIsle_Greg

Love that Casio... still bummed out I didn't get one when I was in San Francisco recently (was a great deal).

I am thinking of selling one of my Seiko's, anyone interested? I really want that Casio!! Seiko Flight Alarm Chronograph, LOVE this watch, but I hardly ever wear it. I have a rubber divers band on it and the original in this pic (from the internet).

attachment.php

I will post it in the For Sale section ASAP.

Attachments

• SNA411P1.jpg
    SNA411P1.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 1,651

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater