Watches - ExPo Style

srserl

Observer
Does your Timex Expedition tick really loudly?

I have another model from that line and it is AMAZINGLY LOUD. Like, I have to take it off my wrist and bury it in clothing at night lest it keep we awake loud.

Yes, it's pretty loud, but I'm getting old and can't hear it unless my watch hand is up around my head. The Indiglo night time illumination makes up for any shortcomings of this watch.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I just picked up a Casio G-Shock 5121 today. I traded my Seiko (above post) plus a little cash for it to a local watch shop. He needed it for parts and for the movement...works for me.

71pqo%2BsNYOL._UL1102_.jpg

Favorite stuff...

- Solar
- Multi Band 6 atomic time
- Alarm and other functions
- Day and date

So far, I like it. Only complaint, no light and the luminescence seems to fade pretty quick. Apparently it is complicated to set to, have yet to read the manual?

4xdog

Explorer
Picked up a new Seiko automatic "oh oh seven" last month...

Nice. I have the same watch (Japan, but with polymer strap). It alternates with my Submariner, which is high praise because the sub has been my near-constant go-to for fifteen plus years.

Lemme know if you figure out how to manually wind it! Mine seems only to be wound using the automatic rotor...

Edit: As I read my manual more closely again -- it's been a long time -- it appears the Cal 7S26 movement is only wound through the automatic rotor. I guess I'm more used to automatic watches that can be manually wound if desired. Not the -007, apparently.

Last edited:

Rallyroo

Expedition Leader
Picked up a new Seiko automatic "oh oh seven" last month.

I have the smaller sibling (mid-size version) and the version that was born outside of Japan (so it doesn't say "21 Jewels"). So far, 14 years of everyday wear and the watch has gone with me around the world, to the top of Mt Whitney, to the depths of scuba diving in caves in the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico, and more.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I love my Seiko Divers watch... same as that one but also with the rubber strap. Classic good looks, great function and best of all Day and Date!

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I have 3 of the Seikos. Two 007s and one 173. Different bands on all them and switch the bands to a hand full of there options as well. It is a great value.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I wear everything but my Rolex presidential in the bush. I have a two tone submariner which I love, but also love my timex watch as well. (keeps better time than the multi buck watches too). My Seiko 5 sport watch is awesome as well. orange face stainless case and band.

Scott H Murray

Adventure Photog
I love my G-shock very sturdy and easy to read day or night. Plus has option of digital world clock and analogue home clock.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419821823610.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419821823610.jpg
    505.4 KB · Views: 61

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Oh yeah, the auto light is an awesome feature to. and after 6 hrs it automatically de activates. Sweet watch for sure.

fortel

Adventurer
Big fan of the Casio G-Shocks too. Got a couple and I beat them up pretty regular and they just keep trucking on. Love the atomic time feature also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater