We are making WilderNest Campers!

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Congrats on your plans with the new Wildernest company.
It would have been in competition for my dollars when I went with the flippac. Now those who are considering a flippac/wildernest will have to weigh the pros/cons of each and which fits their needs. I do like the aerodynamics of the 'nest' better than the flippac and the cover provided by the side opening. With the flippac I don't have to worry about having a certain size footprint. When I camped just south of The Racetrack in DVNP I chose a location that I backed the truck into. There would have been no way in that location to use a Wildernest.

Last edited:

homemade

Adventurer
With a side flip like the wildernest you could put a roof basket on the cab of your truck. i had never really looked into one in the past but I have Yakima racks and was thinking of a MegaWarrior for my truck. Wouldn't work with a flippac.

Pyro4God

Observer
Siiiiiick!

I have a wildernest topper and I am modifying it to increase the bed size. is this some thing you guys are looking into or are you just remaking the original design? Are there any plans for new and/or improved additions? If you can make it better, I'll sell my old one and happily shell out the money for a brand new one!

One item I would like to see is a entry door like the ARE toppers have. A entry door in the center and when needed flip the whole lift gate up like an SUV. Being the company is in Washington state a rain fly that is very rain resistant and or built in. Cost wise start with a basic model and let the new owner spec it out as they wished. If you need a volunter for testing I am available and have three trips planned allready for May and July.

r_w

Adventurer
The A.R.E. is nice that:

1. the door is narrow enough to not interfere with slide-outs or side benches
2. the whole thing still hinges up as a single huge overhead door--makes a great cover from the rain.

stevec

Adventurer
This is great news! I've always liked the WilderNest, and I like the idea of it opening to the side vs. front to back (i.e. Flippac) better, as you can put a roof rack on more easily (i.e. for a canoe/kayak) and it makes an instant awning. I would be interested in a somewhat "custom" application, if possible.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
I understand that sometimes things take a lot longer to come to fruition than is originally expected. But it would be nice if the OP remembered that he started this thread and let us know how things are going, even if they are not going at the moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven