We are making WilderNest Campers!

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
I understand that sometimes things take a lot longer to come to fruition than is originally expected. But it would be nice if the OP remembered that he started this thread and let us know how things are going, even if they are not going at the moment.

Yep, the flag has been raised...

RR1

Explorer
I understand that sometimes things take a lot longer to come to fruition than is originally expected. But it would be nice if the OP remembered that he started this thread and let us know how things are going, even if they are not going at the moment.

Oh probably just a feeler thread to see if it is worth their while.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
The story so far appears to be... A very basic website, here, devoid of viable information!

This post, by the OP, is similar to the one in this thread!
The site wildernestcamper.com has been up for a while (since at least 2005), owned by Rob Zabrecky up in Broomfield/Boulder. I am not aware that he's started building them, but I dunno that he hasn't. The forum linked on this site is a common place (other than Craigslist) for finding WilderNest stuff.

There's also wildernestcampers.com/wildernest.org. Also not in the business of making new ones, just informational.

In the late 1980s WilderNest was very unique and filled a more untapped niche which is now competing with FlipPac/AT, FWC and the various range of RTTs.

I'll also honestly admit that there are some fundamental weaknesses with WilderNests that I think need serious improvement. Problem is that most of them were identified and patented by FlipPac... They have their own gotchas, but nothing is perfect. Honestly, if I was in the market for a new $3,500 camper in this form factor, I might go with a FlipPac and I'm a died-in-the-wool 'Nester. And I'm betting that is not an insignificant reason that WilderNest faded as FlipPac came to market. Shrug.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner