Weekender expeditioner from colorado LJ Rubicon

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Welcome welcome!!!! I Love those LJ's and it looks ike you've got a fine example of one. Enjoy the Expo mate, there's alot of resources here.

Cheers

Dave

BPage

Adventurer
Outstanding setup! I am envious. Keep it up and look forward to stealling some ideas from you in the future! :bike_rider:

wardrow

Adventurer
I think I've seen you on I-76 (near the hwy 85 exit) several times while heading into work from Brighton. If you had an lifted blue/purple XJ driving around you that was probably me checking out your setup. I gave you the thumbs up, but you were more focused on driving than me :snorkel:

QUESTION: Is having a RTT worth not being able to drop the top or flip up the "sunroof" ?

Yes you have seen me. I work in Brighton. Do you have a rock frogs sticker?

I don't mind not dropping the soft top, in fact I am going to one of these later this winter after the suspension is done. :wings:

http://www.rallytops.com/jeep/unlimited.html

Yes you have seen me. I work in Brighton. Do you have a rock frogs sticker?

I don't mind not dropping the soft top, in fact I am going to one of these later this winter after the suspension is done. :wings:

http://www.rallytops.com/jeep/unlimited.html

Yes, Rockfrogs, that was me :costumed-smiley-007

That Rally Top looks like a decent solution since it gives you a quick sunroof & and partially removable top like the new JK's. I like that.

I'm a huge fan of TJ Unlimited Rubicon's and I absolutely LOVE the Impact Orange! :drool:

I sent you a PM :ylsmoke:

Last edited:

wardrow

Adventurer
LJ undergoes major surgery at Rokmen

With many months of hard saving, we've FINALLY been able to start on some much needed upgrades. Unfortunately, I don't have a shop to do the work myself, so the guys at Rokmen are hard at work installing the following:
*AEV 3" progressive springs
*Acos rear adjustable spring spacers
*Billstein 5100's
*Heavy duty track bars, front and rear
*Set of 8 Rokmen control arms, double johnny-jointed
*Curry heavy duty stearing
*OME stearing stabilizer
*ORO Sway-lock manual lever
*Custom drive shaft
*Stainless steel brake lines
*Rokmen full coverage front bumper
*Rokmen rock sliders
*Rokmen custom fabrication of: strengthening of rear frame side control arm brackets and set of custom plates for the interface between the Acos spacer and AEV springs (FYI the Acos system will not work as sold from the factory with the AEV progressive rate springs), and rear spring perch relocation

Here are a couple of shop photos. Jeep should be done sometime next week :wings:
View attachment 35442

View attachment 35443

View attachment 35444

Next up are a set of BFG KM2 255/85/R16's

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Sweet! I am not familar with the "ORO Sway-lock manual lever", but I have the ORO pneumatic sway bar disconnect system and it's terrific

Last edited:

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I was wondering how you like the adjustably of the oro?

Well, I don't know. At install, it was set for a desired range of motion, and its never moved since. However, I love pushing a switch inside the cabin and having it "whooshick" and tripling my articulation, all while on the fly.

Thanks, J.D. Hope to go and test it out soon. Maybe you want to go with?:smiley_drive:

Definitely, if my Jeep is done.

I'll be working on it this weekend, if everything goes smoothly it will be driveable again, but I still need to get my TnT trac bar bracket before this round of upgrades is truely done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3