Well i guess it's meant to be..

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Dang it, my list is growing on the cruiser..

Slee steering.
Head Gasket
Knuckle rebuild
Steel braided brake lines
milford cargo barrier (if i can ever find one, they're like gold)

$20 and i wont spill the beans :elkgrin:

lol!!!

Last edited:

a.mus.ed

Explorer
milford cargo barrier (if i can ever find one, they're like gold)

You're not kidding. I never found one either - I even contacted Milford directly to no avail...
I'm thinking of using a tailgate net, but it's kinda on the back burner for the moment.

Glad to see you back in the 80. Cheers!

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Mlachica said:
You're gonna be happy with them 4.88's brotha. Can't believe you hauled all that weight without em!
The trick to being happy with the stock gearing on Dave's beefy Cruiser is to preceed ownership with an eight-ton Unimog motorhome with 120 or so horsepower. I thought Dave's 80 was a rocket. Threw me right back in the seat when I hit the accelerator. ;)

Willman

Good times Dave!!!

Happy to see a good ending here!

Your 80 & AT was a dream setup!!!

:drool:

J-man

Adventurer
wow, sad to see the big rig go. Just out of curiousity, why did you get rid of it? or is this something i should pm you about? Im asking cause in the next year or so, im planning on getting a new quigly converted v10 van - not full out sportsmobile.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
It's all good, no need to PM. It had nothing to do with the SMB. It was a great rig, little big so be it, but nothing wrong with it. It came down to the economy and our financial future.

We took the money from the cruiser and trailer and put it down on the SMB. Well.... we haven't been getting paid in 2009 (own our own company), so it's hard to write a check every month for the balance owed on the SMB to our lender. I figured i'd make the smart choice of putting it up for sale to lessen one debt and write one less check every month. If we were getting a paycheck, then none of this would even be coming up.

The whole getting back the cruiser part was never expected in my wildest dreams. We truly got lucky there, and the trailer especially. We owe Mike Hiscox and Thom Dyson everything. Without them both rigs wouldn't be up for sale. It's like they stored the rigs for us.

The cruiser and trailer will be paid in full.

Now that i realize this will all work out and seeing the SMB go, im not sad. I think the 80 and the trailer were destined to be with us. I look at it as we got a chance to rent a SMB for 7 months and enjoyed it, but still love the old setup. I think us losing the SMB is a blessing in disguise.

Once again, we feel very fortunate to experience this situation. Im still pinching myself.

Last edited:

J-man

Adventurer
ohh, i hear you on that. Nothing like seeing $$$ pissing out the window when nothing is coming back in. Thats great tho that you were able to get your old rigs back - still the best feeling crawling on top of a trailer into your cozy roof tent - i dont think ill ever get rid of mine - just nothing like it.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
... yeah.. and the funny thing is.. it all worked great. The whole rig/trailer deal was great and i didn't even need to sell, and i kind of jumped the gun on getting the SMB when i was perfectly happy with the old setup.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
The Cruiser and the AT are getting a new welcome home present.. new garage flooring :D
cimg4498.jpg

rockjunkie

"F U" /obligatory

You back from your "Portland freeway/ swap my SMB for my TLC/ trip yet?

Also, I'm on your forums, reading your posts. Watch out sucka! :)

-Will

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy