What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

Lucky j

Explorer
View attachment 279838

Built a custom drop down tire carrier, was getting tired of the swing out. Always seen to be in the way and had no other purpose.
This way I could at least attach a table top when in the down position.

Looks nice, but how will this not be in the way compare to the swing out tha was just following your swing out back door? And can a child or girl friend lift the tire back in place? I can also open my carrier and back door with the trailer hook up, could you do this with that set up???

BADDANDY

Adventurer
Installed my hood strut kit. A gust of wind lifted my hood off of the prop rod on my old TJ once and it landed on the windshield frame, putting a nice dent in the hood. A fear I've had happening to this JK, but not anymore.

trailer 020.jpg

Added a roof basket. I am waiting for my RRO rails to replace the stock crap rails. I can put up my RTT up there then if I want to
The basket was valuable on a trip to Arkansas. Next will be bull bar and winch.

e8be3666d19a3035c435ffa9ba84be30.jpg

0168bf9502851df9cd422ffe6a83e5f6.jpg

Please don't try and flame me. I had a KK Liberty and a JKU wrangler. I live in WI and lack the ground to justify a rock crawler for the sake of having one.

toxicity_27

Adventurer
Well I finally got around to installing the sill plates. If you don't have these I highly recommend them. I scratched the crap out of the door sill on my 2013 just getting in and out.

Here are a few pictures of the install. It was super easy and probably took about 5 minutes.

dallen

Looks nice, but how will this not be in the way compare to the swing out tha was just following your swing out back door? And can a child or girl friend lift the tire back in place? I can also open my carrier and back door with the trailer hook up, could you do this with that set up???

Thanks. Well there's no need for anyone else too raise it back into postion and I'm not sure about a trailer. Think it will lower enough to open the tailgate.

Septu

Explorer
Since I have my 35s (or will in the next couple of weeks), I decided that it was time to deal with mounting the spare, and ordered my MOR/Ryde hinges!! I also picked up my BOSS adjustable shocks while I was in Vancouver on vacation last week. Double walled and beefy. Just need to get the front shock mounts due to a clearance issue (very minor and only an slight issue at full stuff, but might as well deal with it now).

I've been working on additional accessories to go along with the hinges; I've posted photos of the hinge-mounted Hi-Lift carrier and CB antenna mount before, and I'm about to send the engineering drawings for them over to the MOR/Ryde engineers so those parts could be manufactured:

Accessories1_zps05e0af7e.jpg

Great company to deal with. Had an issue with the vendor they suggested, so they cut me a deal and took care of me - all due to their own follow up (I got side tracked and these slipped my mind). These should arrive in the next 2-3 weeks so will get them mounted up and will post some pictures.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk