What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

biff

Observer
I like that, any ideas/plans you can share?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry for my delayed response.
I had to go test it for a couple weeks!

Plans were shoot from the hip.

3/4" mdf, 26" drawer slides from Home Depot, 1/2" angle aluminum and drawer handles.

I cut a board the size of the rear floor section.
Elevated it about 7" so my dewalt tool boxes would fit under the slides.
And I still have access to the rear cubbie hole.

comptiger5000

Adventurer
Started planning out how I'm going to attack the issue of lowering my front lower shock mounts. I'm thinking of taking a set of stem to eye adapters (without the welded in bolts) and tagging the shock mounts off the side of the LCA mounts (using the LCA bolts to hold the adapters on and maybe a washer or 2 to space the brackets out a hair if needed for shock to LCA bracket clearance at full compression). Probably going to need to reinforce the LCA mounts a bit, but it should get the shocks into a much better position. Currently, I'm running a set of BPEs flipped upside down under the stock shock mounts, which is still a hair short (if I get into the bumpstops hard enough, I can bottom the shocks) and the BPE setup clunks like crazy.

This is all part of the insanity of me insisting that "yes, 10 inch short body 7100s will fit under here with less than an inch of lift and without extending the bumpstops"

Last edited:

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
Added Grenadeacorp's concealed storage system to my JKU. The box rotates down from the cargo area roof, giving me valuable storage in a previously unused space. It's lockable and virtually invisible when closed. The box is aluminum and connects via steel brackets to the rollbar and locks to additional steel brackets that are added near the hardtop rear window hinges. Hands down my favorite addition to to the jeep!

GCP1 by Mike, on Flickr

Last edited:

Beamer pilot

Explorer
I saw this storage system first hand on his own Jeep at NW Overland Rally in Plains WA. Good quality and premium fit. I will be ordering one.

mmaattppoo

Adventurer
Installed a 12V deck wash down pump, a deck fill, brass fittings, reinforced vinyl tubing, and tied the pump into my existing distribution panel to have flowing water...

18ab2eddedcffd0f1924cefb8f804f85.jpg

1941e22c042e3f60a6f6dcf1003a4e38.jpg

6391d38ca8927f31de2e589bc3ad34d3.jpg

All this to have 8 gallons of water to wash this beauty down after a paddlin'...

68ca6f0ba6ec301548a0210a338b5389.jpg

virginia_jeeper

Craft Beer Explorer
Ordered FBG's .75" Shackles to pair up with my OME Medium Load 2.5" Leaf Springs so I can get them installed. Ordered Blue Ridge Overland Gears Trip Planning Bag and a couple Morale Patches along with the Virginia Gazetteer.

Pretty excited.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Picked this up.

Cant decide on a Jeep install or a trailer install. I think Jeep, so I can use it for drinks and snacks on the road regardless of trailer supported or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach