What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Seems like I'm not the only one trying to make a decision.
Running a 2013 JKU auto 3 inch lift with 33s and 3.21.
Feels OK with or without the kayak trailer but thinking 35s.
Decisions decisions !!
I think I'd do 4.88s with 35s. Maybe even 5.13 in Alberta with those steep steep grades you have here and there.

Altitude plays a small part on selection too. Behind a auto non rubicon I would say 4.88 in a rubicon I would say 4.56. The 4.88 will make the sport transfer case more bare able in low range

jwilson2598

Adventurer
What year do you have? Which trans? What size tires?
....and after all that, what was the impact on fuel economy?

With 33s, I think that 4.10s would work the best for me overall. But it seems such a waste to regear to only a 4.10...
4.56s would be wonderful around town and on the trail. But with the Pentastar and only 33s, it's a bit more gear than I really need ----- except on hills with the trailer behind me.

Decisions decisions decisions...

I have a 2013 with auto and 35's. The 3.73's were pretty decent mileage and performance wise with the 33's. With the 35's, the performance suffered, especially on the trip back from Ohio after buying the trailer. With the 4.56's I get around 16, little less or little more depending on traffic or all highway. Performance is good too.

rubicon91

Explorer
In went the genesis dual battery tray. Slowly getting things in order for expo east.
72f5865e7d2e4cb94efdefa0acaf2dc5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
More room!

Got rid of the subwoofer, and installed Sport Trim panels with a couple of power ports.

Attachments

• Porwer-Ports-done.jpg
    Porwer-Ports-done.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Power-Ports-Glow.jpg
    Power-Ports-Glow.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 32

Maxcustody

Explorer
That awning is awesome. I need a roof rack but my issue with that is I would have to officially leave outside and I dont know if I want to do that. It will not fit in my garage if i get a roof rack. But I love how it looks on your Jeep.

Thanks. Mine still fits in my garage with the roof rack. However, It is about an 1 1/2 inches too high with the awning attached to fit.

rubicon91

Explorer
Thanks. Mine still fits in my garage with the roof rack. However, It is about an 1 1/2 inches too high with the awning attached to fit.

What lift are you running if I might ask? I have been pondering changing lifts just so i can fit in the garage and get a roof rack. I am at a 3 inch and 35s currently wondering if I did a 2 inch and dropped to 33's again how that would do. I just dont know.

Maxcustody

Explorer
SWEET! :wings:

On the batwing awning, is there legs that can be extended to tie down for breezes?
Any idea of the overall weight?
It seems like an excellent awning, and am considering one.

Scott, yes it does have legs and they are stored internally in the extrusions. It is a pretty heavy awning, 45-50 lbs I think. There are also external walls to enclose it. I just got off the phone with Paul at Equipt and ordered those as well. Here are some links..........Pauls site Equipt, video of Setup with Paul at Equipt and a site showing wall system. I love it and setup takes seconds!

http://www.equipt1.com/item/bat-270-degree-awning-left-hand-side

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Beem9h8fAFQ

http://www.expedition-equipment.com/products/awnings-and-windbreaks/eezi-awn-k9-bat-270-side-panels

Maxcustody

Explorer
What lift are you running if I might ask? I have been pondering changing lifts just so i can fit in the garage and get a roof rack. I am at a 3 inch and 35s currently wondering if I did a 2 inch and dropped to 33's again how that would do. I just dont know.

I was running teraflex 2.5, however had done some changes......

I still have the front springs from teraflex, but I have the extra heavy duty OME rear springs. That lifted a good 2.5 to 3 inches from what it was. I have 35's as well. So it is higher than the original 2.5. I have a couple inches clearance to spare to the top of the door.

mmrocek

Observer
WK2 winch and bumper

Installed a bumper/winch on my WK2. Well mostly. Still need to install the front steel fascia.

The bumper kit:
IMG_2040-e1441036949809.jpg

Disassembled front with the crossmember on the ground:
IMG_2075-e1441037203274.jpg

Crossmember and prerunner skid installed:
IMG_2076-e1441037309178.jpg

Jeep the way it sits right now (at standard ride height - air suspension)
IMG_2080-e1441037402653.jpg

IMG_2081-e1441037504968.jpg

rubicon91

Explorer
I was running teraflex 2.5, however had done some changes......

I still have the front springs from teraflex, but I have the extra heavy duty OME rear springs. That lifted a good 2.5 to 3 inches from what it was. I have 35's as well. So it is higher than the original 2.5. I have a couple inches clearance to spare to the top of the door.

I have the TF 3 inch with bilstein shocks. I actually am thinking about get the OME heavy duty springs but i will see after the expo how it does. I just can tell I have very limited room. Maybe I will go find one of the Jeeps in town with the Gobi and do some measuring just to make sure but from eyeballing it I say no chance of it making it into the garage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk