What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

Lucky j

Explorer
On my 2005 lj, I change the rear 3,5" progressive coil from Metalcloak for 3,5" Rubicon Express. The metalcloak were to weak for the load I carry in the back. Did a loaded mesurement before and after and gained a good 2" and way better handling. The MC were so soft, They were bottoming out and the rear was always sinking first after a Bump. But the front ones remained and are still doing a very nice job. They will stay.

Hopefully, the RE Rear will not sag to much after a year.

Here are the picks.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I finally ordered a new suspension for my 06 LJ. When I ordered it from the factory I swore I wouldn't change the tires until I put a lift on it. Well, 36,000 miles are now on the clock and I need new tires. That and I'm tired of bottoming out all the time.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
about a wk ago, I took out my truck lites and installed hella e codes with hella performance 2.0 bulbs. I think its a better overall light. Color temp of the light is much better, and they go far on high beams. I am impressed running halogens again. LED is not what its cracked up to be if you have room to run other lights I recommend halogen or 4300k HID over LED by far. I also noticed with LED lights that even if you get a small bug or two on them, the light output is decreased ALOT were as you don't even drop light if it happens on the halogen lights. The LED would have a big dark spot in it if you got a bug on them. And dont get me started with ice.

dstock

Explorer
Replaced my leaky AEV Bilsteins with Rancho 9000XLs. Nice ride, firm even on the lowest setting, but not harsh. Still handles great on road.

Replacing all u-joints including a spare front shaft this weekend - will be putting that in with some IRO kit soon, HNT SYE, transfer case clock and shackle relocation brackets. Also considering zero rate springs too for a mild stretch.

Diagnosed a leaky brake booster diaphragm today so a WJ booster/master will be next on the list, along with EBC yellow pads and dimpled/slotted discs.

Then it's time for TJ flares and 33s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replacing all u-joints including a spare front shaft this weekend - will be putting that in with some IRO kit soon, HNT SYE, transfer case clock and shackle relocation brackets. Also considering zero rate springs too for a mild stretch.

Diagnosed a leaky brake booster diaphragm today so a WJ booster/master will be next on the list, along with EBC yellow pads and dimpled/slotted discs.

Then it's time for TJ flares and 33s.

Made a start today, one down, another and a pair of axle unis to go
7e30a18851c7a72dd520efa81c6a8453.jpg

rubicon91

Explorer
Scored me a brand new 16 soft top for dirt cheap today so I pulled hard top off and put it on for a month until I prep to leave for expo east. Missed having a soft top. Now dual tops and I'm stoked.
bf8f796bf08b28b104f523b9cb796813.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

harv3589

Adventurer
Had my jeep in for some warranty work...one new front axle seal and new radiator. Hopefully the smell of antifreeze is a thing of the past...

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Scored me a brand new 16 soft top for dirt cheap today so I pulled hard top off and put it on for a month until I prep to leave for expo east. Missed having a soft top. Now dual tops and I'm stoked.
bf8f796bf08b28b104f523b9cb796813.jpg

Sweet! Even has the rear tinted windows! :victory:
Looks awesome with your modified half door windows. :)

Charles R

Adventurer
Made myself a better place to sleep within my Heap!
image.jpg

image.jpg

And while I'm not going to be keeping this wood platform, I'm glad this "proof of concept" aux battery setup will work like I wanted.
image.jpg

rubicon91

Explorer
Well I stumbled into a set of full doors for a price that I just couldn't say no to so now I have both half and full. I'll use these when I travel and half doors for beach and all. I look like a fanatical Raiders fan atm lol. Can't wait to get these painted.
789f9c2f2fdb0b52f2340d163b64c14b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3