What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I sold my basket rack complete with CVT awning, bug room, lights and even my shovel! Reason... I am having a custom rack made to mount my new O-SPEC Outpost Alpha RTT! My friend Mike and I designed it tonight as well as some custom gutter mounts. STOKED.

OLD...

New...(well sort of)

It is going to be similar to the ARB rack pictured, but will include a wind deflector up front, a few light mount tabs and some tie downs. As well as a full mesh floor of expanded metal.

Pretty excited!

indiedog

Adventurer
Today I replaced the idler pulleys hoping against all odds it would be them that was making that grinding noise. No such luck! I'll be installing some new alternator bearings soon....

Wasn't today, but recently totally rebuilt the front end with new upper and lower control arms, ball joints, Ironman springs and Bilstein shocks. Drives like it should now.

Jeff Patterson

Observer
In an effort to increase fuel efficiency and horsepower output I removed the chrome JEEP badge on the grille - now I am researching as to whether I have violated my new vehicle warranty... :sombrero:

IMG_3986.jpg

Serg5000

Adventurer
Installing a truss system on my sons D-44 front.
d8d20d334cf078aa6ffe07c823235858.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rlgrace2011

Observer
Finally talked my wife into trading her truck for an unlimited. After a week of looking at it in the drive I figured I had waited long enough and that I ought to try and build a rack for it. IMG_0007.jpgIMG_0005.jpgIMG_0004.jpg

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
New to me '04 WJ Laredo 4.7 QT2 with 44,500 original miles:

Changed the spark plugs, new air filter and general inspection. I know it won't last, but I really enjoy laying under this rig and admiring its condition. So nice not having dirt fall into my eyes and ears. Will make it super easy to install a lift in the near future. Just gotta decide what components I want to use.

D528BAC1-F15A-466B-87A9-5CF72FB1F1C5_zps1sgkojkg.jpg

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader

Changed the spark plugs, new air filter and general inspection. I know it won't last, but I really enjoy laying under this rig and admiring its condition. So nice not having dirt fall into my eyes and ears. Will make it super easy to install a lift in the near future. Just gotta decide what components I want to use.

WOW! My brand new JK wasn't that clean off the show room floor!
Awesome deal on a great vehicle. :beer:

theksmith

Explorer

man that's clean, nice!

i highly recommend the Clayton Offroad 4.5" lift. it's not cheap (and neither is installation), but it was the one thing on my WJ i wouldn't have changed at all if i had to do it all over again - do it once and do it right! however, if you're just looking for a mild 2" - 3" boost, the IRO stuff is nice.

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
WOW! My brand new JK wasn't that clean off the show room floor!
Awesome deal on a great vehicle. :beer:

man that's clean, nice!

i highly recommend the Clayton Offroad 4.5" lift. it's not cheap (and neither is installation), but it was the one thing on my WJ i wouldn't have changed at all if i had to do it all over again - do it once and do it right! however, if you're just looking for a mild 2" - 3" boost, the IRO stuff is nice.

Thx guys! If you look over my other builds, it'll be apparent that I have no problem spending the $$$ to do it right the first time. However, I am trying to break the habit of building rigs that I then sell because they don't get used much. I am leaning toward mild... OME lift with JKS arms and trackbar, running 245/70-17's on JK Rubicon take-offs.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Thx guys! If you look over my other builds, it'll be apparent that I have no problem spending the $$$ to do it right the first time. However, I am trying to break the habit of building rigs that I then sell because they don't get used much. I am leaning toward mild... OME lift with JKS arms and trackbar, running 245/70-17's on JK Rubicon take-offs.

If that was my Jeep, I'd spend the first weekend just laying under it on a creeper with a six pack, and a big hoagie. Just to enjoy the newness of it all. Maybe take a lens brush, in case there was a speck of dust to be found... anywhere. :)

That was really an amazing find.

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
If that was my Jeep, I'd spend the first weekend just laying under it on a creeper with a six pack, and a big hoagie. Just to enjoy the newness of it all. Maybe take a lens brush, in case there was a speck of dust to be found... anywhere. :)

That was really an amazing find.

That's not a bad idea! And if it wasn't already awesome enough, I found the maintenance records in the glovebox going back to the beginning. No worries about an ill-maintained 4.7 liter...

E9811383-92F2-4FC8-9195-E2790E1329B4_zpsbsumv6sv.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3

Members online