What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

DallasJKU

Adventurer
Just installed the HH headliners. It took 25 minutes with the Velcro. Initial drive @45mph and it makes a very noticeable reduction in noise level. Can barely hear the cars pass me unless they have a throaty exhaust. I will test hwy and heat tomorrow.

IronRoberts73

Observer
Gathered the last of my parts to get it back in operation now I just need time to get it all back together. Input shaft seal seems to be the unicorn of xj transmission parts after 4 trys with 3 different places I finally got my hands on the correct part. Hopefully now it will be less prone to marking its territory every time I park it for any length of time.

ttravis5446

Adventurer
Today I got off work early so my friend and I messed around with the Cherokee to see why it was running so bad. The PO thought that there was something wrong in the timing chain or valve train. I started just testing for vacuum leaks when I saw that there was a tee in the line from the distributor to ported vacuum on the carb. The tee went to manifold vacuum. That didn't seem right to me so I eliminated the tee and capped the nipple on the manifold. It as running a little better at this point but still popped when revved and stalled with any load on it. We checked the timing and it was waaaaaayyy off. I got is closer to right and it would barely start at that point. After thinking about things after that, I checked the spark plug wires and found two of them switched on the cap. I switched them to where they were supposed to be and it ran much better. We got the carb in the ball park of where it was supposed to be and its at least drivable now. I should be able to drive it down and get a VIN verification so I can finish the title process next week. I was super stoked to be able to drive it around the block at more than 5 miles per hour today!!

I also won a factory service manual set on Ebay today. I'm really liking this Cherokee a lot so far. I just wish it was a 4 speed with a Dana 20 instead of the Auto / Quadratrac.

Oman4x4

Laurie Bridger
Installed ARB diff covers and a full set of 37" Cooper Discoverer STTs on my Hutchinson double beadlocks this weekend.

de2u4ehy.jpg

dyza2yru.jpg

Does Hutchinson have an inner core for the STT now? they didn't last time I checked - but that was quite some time ago!

No today, but within the last few weeks I installed a trektop NX (hardtop back window exploded for no reason, chrysler refuses to replace it, trektop was the same price as a new rear window) and some treadwright 35" tires. Today I trimmed my rock rail and the pinch seam. Tomorrow the OME 2.5" lift goes on. Hopefully my 1.5" wheel spacers come in this week.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374989685.012839.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374989700.895084.jpg

Testing the rubbing with 35's on stock suspension.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374989719.170925.jpg

TenaciousTJ

Explorer
Does Hutchinson have an inner core for the STT now? they didn't last time I checked - but that was quite some time ago!

The inner core that came with my Hutchinsons worked with my old MT\Rs, and works just as well with my Coopers, zero issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yesterday I installed the OME 2.5" lift to my jeep to help out with the rubbing issues. It looks like I'll be needing some adjustable track bars or some relocation mounts to center the axles back underneath the jeep, and some extended rear brake lines. The front I just unbolted the bottom bracket and moved the bracket to where it wouldn't get in the way it gave me tons more room. I still hear a little rubbing a full flex on the trail while turning, but I'm hoping my wheel spacers will solve that.

So far I am very impressed with the suspension. It rides much better than stock. I am not sure how much lift the kit netted me, I will measure my coworkers stock rubicon today when I get off.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375094681.277454.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375094720.691749.jpg

Bob Freda

Adventurer
WK dual battery setup

A few weeks ago we towed the bikes to the RA BMW Rally in Ashville NC and camped in the RTT / Jeep for 10 days. I realized that I really needed a dual battery setup for my camping style. ARB fridge, charging IPad , phones, helmet headsets, etc. There is no room under the hood of a Hemi WK for a second battery, it was hard enough to find space for the controller.
I ended up placing the battery in the rear floor space next to the fridge and the winch storage. It is not the ideal location but it will have to do for now.

View attachment 175791

View attachment 175792

View attachment 175793

View attachment 175794

If anyone has found another location for a second battery, let me know.

88Xj

Banned
Got my drop brackets installed, did some work on my 2x6 rockers, plated more of my frame. I really need to get a build thread going,
Best thing about tonight that made me the happiest was drilling out my re brackets for 1/2" bolts vs the stock 10m or 7/16. So now every bolt holding in my front axle is a minimum of 1/2...upper monts on the axle were drilled to 1/2" as well. Loving it as I broke 2 different 10mm grade 8 bolts on the axle side of the upper. Seems they would get a nick or gouge front install or what not and then break. The 1/2" look much beefier. Lowers are 9/16 stock size.
Gonna weld the braces to my stiffeners tomorrow so they only come off when cut em off :) not breaking or coming loose I hope.
1 thing I noticed was the brackets actually help geometry. My Johnny joints are not much straighter than when they were bolt to the stock body mounts. They would hit max travel and start twisting the bushes for more flex. It was a nice surprise. My arms are now flat or damn near flat which is also very nice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach