What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

Average Dave

Jack of all trades
Not all today but in the past few days I've replaced the 30 year old steering box in my Cherokee chief, fixed a hole in the gas tank, and managed to get it to pass CA. Smog. Pretty productive week if I do say so myself.

Reconnoiter

I got Racked Up!!!

After a lifetime spent searching for the perfect rack ;-) I decided to build my own. I used 3/4" ID schedule 40 aluminum pipe and "Speed rail" fittings from Hollaender. If your parents never bought you tinker toys, you'll love this stuff!!! A little Red Oxide primer and some satin black, both from rattle cans, and I was ready to roll in about 4 hours. Total cost $200, and you can build it any H"xW"xL" you want.

RoofRack.jpg

Then I went down to Harbor Freight and picked up this "hitch mount" rear rack for $50.

RearRack.jpg

redveloce

Adventurer
I modified my Kargo Master Bushman rack, eliminating the top bar in front, added limb riser hooks, and made limb riser cables.

IMG_20120602_162441.jpg

We went for a drive on Saturday and made good use of the limb risers.
IMG_20120602_194354.jpg

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
RIPP GEN 2 w/3.3 tune (soooo smooth running and 2.5 MPG increase)
K&N Vented SC Breather
Hi Perf Coil
Hi Perf Iginition
LiveWire Plug Wires
RIPP Long Tubes
High Flow Cats
Magnaflow muffler and resonator
B&M transmission cooler
Hotrod coolant overflow cylinder
2012-06-04_07-43-00_914.jpg

2012-06-04_07-44-48_484.jpg

2012-06-04_07-46-12_256.jpg

2012-06-04_07-44-21_195.jpg

2012-06-04_07-44-04_412.jpg

2012-06-04_07-43-52_492.jpg

Found a really nice, previous model/version, ARB 40 quart off Craig's
5I15E55Kc3F83L33N7c6194fadbab25a31a45.jpg

yeha22

Observer
On Sunday I went over to Stump's house and took care of the SYE on my XJ. He graciously offered to help me, but when I got there he started working so fast I just kept feeling like I was in his way! He is a monster. These are the best pics I could snap in between me frantically trying to assist him. Even with a few breaks we were done well before 1:00pm. Thanks Stumpy! You are completely awesome.

7339542634_636fa7b577_z.jpg

I was crazy-intimidated by going into the transfer case even after watching some how-to videos online, but once it was all apart there really wasn't much to it. Then again, I had some expert guidance through it all.

7154339003_dbc086344c_z.jpg

The day before, on Saturday, I went to my friend Dave's house and put some work into my Warn rear tire carrier. I rebuilt the bearing for the swingout and then we welded on a carrier for my hi-lift and a gas can holder. For the gas can mount I used a Blitz carrier since I had a Blitz can already. I didn't like the standard strap they supplied, so we welded a ratchet to the front and now I can cinch down a strap as tight as I like. The carrier is welded straight to the crossbar and seems to be pretty solid. I ran out of room for the license plate, so we made an adapter to bolt it to the hi-lift. Seems to work well.

7339543282_815ecc2a18_z.jpg

SulVento

Wanderer
Aight Goose.

Maybe it's just me, but your pics aren't showing up my friend. I'm just seeing the dreaded Red X. (your last two posts to be specific)

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
Aight Goose.

Maybe it's just me, but your pics aren't showing up my friend. I'm just seeing the dreaded Red X. (your last two posts to be specific)

I'm confused. Seeing them on tapatalk. Photobucket links; photos not moved. Hmmm....

EDIT: see them online as well

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Had a frustrating day trying to order parts for project side trac. Since I'm stationed in Germany I expected parts to cost a lil more to ship but our mail comes via an APO address. I need to get ST running so I can see what else it needs before moving forward with any build. Well, the parts (2 rotors and pads, rear main seal, timing cover gasket set and a package of injector O rings) were about 78 bucks. No biggie, right? When I went to "check out" it showed the shipping as almost 250 bucks!!!!!!! I did a ****** and sent them an email. After trading messages back and forth we finally got it resolved and shipping is a lil over 65. I can live with that. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3