What did you do to your Mitsubishi today?

RyanY

Adventurer
All the manufacturers of high performance brake pads have specific bedding-in procedures for their new pads that require new or resurfaced rotors. I'm pretty certain that they wouldn't waste their time recommending that if it didn't make a difference. Have you ever done a measured braking test on your vehicle to compare stopping distances with bedded pads on a fresh surface vs. non-bedded pads on an old rotor surface? I'm willing to bet the brake pad manufacturers have done quite a few of them, which is why the procedure is recommended.

http://www.hawkperformance.com/sites/default/files/downloads/Motorsport_Pad_FAQ.pdf

http://ebcbrakes.com/articles/how-to-bed-in-new-rotors/

http://www.powerstop.com/brake-pad-break-in-procedure/

http://www.pfcbrakes.com.au/techtips.php?pageId=18

http://www.stoptech.com/technical-s...ions-and-procedures/stock-brake-system-bed-in

Last edited:

KyleT

Explorer
We aren't talking about high performance vehicles or brake pads here we are talking slow trucks which the newest one is more than 10 yrs old now. Most high performance vehicles you can't resurface/turn the rotors due to the thickness being worn down as they are designed to be replaced with the pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyanY

Adventurer
So a 4500lb vehicle doesn't need high performance brakes then? When I'm going down a long hill in my 95 SR with 35" tires and towing a trailer, there isn't too much else on my mind other than the quality and stopping power of my brakes. I'm also a little concerned about my stopping distances when I'm in rush hour traffic, since a 5' decrease can be the difference between a panic stop and a rear end collision. That's why I don't use cheap brake pads and I machine or replace my rotors. If your brakes aren't that important to you, I'm sorry - they should be.

Oso

Forest Defecator
Reassembled the transfer case today with a 2.85 gear set and new bushings. Installed the front diff with 5.29s and an ARB locker. Cryo treated CVs and drag link rounded out the day.

DJPurdue

Observer
I took out the center console area to clean it all up. Hardest part of this was to take off the gear shifter. The trick to getting that off is to pry the lower part of the cover and locating the screw that holds the shifter in place. Remove the screw, shift to Park and depress the lock and off it comes.

Shifter01.jpg

Shifter02.jpg

Picture shows the large amount of junk that's underneath the cover in front of the armrest:

MonteroCenterConsole.jpg

Cleaned it all up. Just need to put it back together today.

Mr_Fish

Felt any difference after replacing the UCAs?

yeah there's a big difference but I had a really bad clunk on the front end. The UCAs really tightened the ride up but I also replaced the shock mounting brackets on the LCAs which had worn so badly from bolts that were too small that there was about an inch of play that would rattle like hell every time I hit a bump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oso

Forest Defecator
havent done anything yet, but im heading that way with a big deadblow and a bad attitude....

BOPOH

Explorer
havent done anything yet, but im heading that way with a big deadblow and a bad attitude....

good tools! my starter died couple weeks ago and AAA couldn't fix anything - those exact tools got my starter turning so i could get home :wings:

Dereksd

Adventurer
Replaced the obliterated positive battery terminal connector and made a tool to apply tension to my timing belt with a 1/4 inch socket
image.jpg
image.jpg

Oso

Forest Defecator
finished the front end today. installed cryoed cvs and the arb locker, as well as new bushings, oil seals, & aisin hubs. torqued everything to spec. tomorrow a rudimentary alignment and transfer case swap will get the rig closer to leaving the shop.

Offroadmuch

Explorer
I have not been able to open my upper glove box since I got my 2003 Ltd. So I found some DIY instructions on a mitsubishi forum and drilled out the plastic latch assembly to expose a key lock assembly. Inserted my ignition key and it came right open. Old receipts from 2012 and 2013 from a battery and a set of 4 Yokohamaimage.jpg Geolandars which have not held up well at all. They are on now and in need of replacement and according to the invoice there were put on about 20,000 miles ago. That it terrible for any tire.

bikerjosh

Explorer
Since my buddy who use to help w/navigation on off road trips ended up buying a 96 SR I needed some updates for my Montero.
Added this, (currently shown w/Tundra optional compatibility)
IMG_0184.jpg

Just waiting to give him a shot on the next trip. :wings:

RMelton

I replaced the rear speakers in the 89 Raider. Also ordered a bluetooth cd player and install kit. Gonna bring it into the 21st century. I also ordered a new CB since mine bit the dust and a cheap handheld HAM radio as that seems to be the way all my wheeling buddys like to communicate. Amazon loves me today......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven