What is wrong with this picture? - warning, possibly offensive content

Bigjerm

SE Expedition Society
Looks like he needs a trailer! I would say move the big container on the hitch rack inside but judging by a dark "spot" in the hardtop side window there are people in the back seat.

jeffy

Observer
Actually, if you look at the picture carefully, you can see there is a passenger wearing sunglasses in the seat. There also looks to be someone in the back.

Last edited:

Patman

Explorer
No EXPO sticker?

Looks like he is not letting having a small rig stop him from doing IT, while saving for an upgrade.

TRegasaurus

Adventurer
Weight distribution is a problem isn't it. What I'm thinking is; What's his max payload, has he exceeded his tire's load rating. If he blows a tire, he's in big trouble.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
sure we could get all serious and talk about how he needs to both lighten his gear load and upgrade his springs...
but in the end I gotta agree with the majority here and say that at least he is getting out of town instead of playing on a forum...

bldeagle10

Explorer
^^^agree fully, heck, with all 120 lbs of me sitting in my cherokee i feel like im exceeding its cargo capacity, seeing as its on the original shocks, leafs, and coil springs from 1999 with 324,500 miles on them. needless to say the suspension is pretty shot, and when i load it up with gear, it scares me, but on a college budget i cant afford to upgrade anything at the moment, im struggling to save up to buy new tires that are only 77 bucks a pop (plus 70 shipping for all 4 and then mounting and balancing so eh, 550ish) but still..i do my best to get out there, and thats better than having a jeep thats built to go out and just sits at the mall ;)

2drx4

Adventurer
He needs an upside down ricer wing to create a little lift in the back end, that will help level it back out.

DarinM

Explorer
I just suddenly got the feeling that I get when I'm riding my Yamaha and a bunch of guys with Harleys who are clearly doing it right (and better than me) come by and maybe one of them will return my wave.
This weekend I got to watch a few of them almost fall over when I told them I've put 5000 miles on that Yamaha in the last 6 weeks.
Yeah, maybe there are some better ways to do things, and clearly this guy is perhaps a bit overloaded, but more power to him. And as we sometimes say down here - bless his heart.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
maroonjeep.jpg

Spotted on I-15, northbound in SLC this afternoon.

That dummy still has room to hang a Trasharoo!! What the HECK was he possibly thinking???? :elkgrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater