What's the best way to use a CPAP in a RTT?

When I tent camp, I keep a deep cycle battery near my cot and run a 12v plug from it. I don't really want to lug a battery up into a RTT. I was thinking of buying or making a long cable to run from the RTT to the back of back of my LX470 where I can keep the battery at night. I'd eventually plan to permanent mount a 2nd that will be charged by the vehicle, that will eventually run it. Any other creative ideas you guys have done?

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Why not put the batt where works best for you and then run an extension cord to the RTT?

YXwhenUcanFAB?

Does your CPAP have a humidifier? I was crunching numbers, and with mine (with humidifier), the run time off a 12V deep cycle was abysmal.

lugueto

Adventurer
My RTT has LED lights inside and out as well as a 12V socket inside the tent. All powered from the vehicle.

These came from factory and can be powered either via a 12V socket inside the vehicle or directly from the battery using clamps similar to those used in jumper cables.

Im sure they can be easily adapted to any tent. Its really simple..

acg

Adventurer
I used an ArkPak to run a fridge and the CPAP at night. The ArkPak sits inside the Disco. I run an extension cord from the ArkPak up to the RTT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl