What's this 2006 tacoma worth?

juicebox

Adventurer
Looking at a white doublecab auto TRD, 83k miles. It has a little body damage I can't figure out how to post photos from my phone. But I guess I'll just describe it for now. It's like they hit a tree stump at slow speed, it's a scratch/dent. So it is basically the rocker panel from the rear door, past the rear tire, then from the tire to bumper.

I guess for now, what do you think a stock, average condition 06 4x4 TRD auto DC tacoma would go for?

IMG_1929_zps0b5b5560.jpg

IMG_1928_zpsa0aed172.jpg

IMG_1927_zpsb8deb4e4.jpg

It looks like it's on both passenger doors, but I guess just the end of the front door.

Last edited:

juicebox

Adventurer
Ok, got to my computer and uploaded the photos. I know it's difficult to judge from pictures, but maybe you can get an idea. I guess I know the market around here and the fact that it has damage is a negotiation tool, but I just figured I'd ask what you guys think a ballpark fair offer would be, just so I'm not talking myself into a bad deal.

J

JWP58

I sold my 2010 TRD (that looked identical to the one you posted except silver) for 24k.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Maybe try showing those pics to someone who runs a body shop and ask him for a ballpark figure on a repair? That would let you know how much to deduct from the asking price on an otherwise clean Taco.

I would think $18 - $22k for a TRD DC Taco, and I'm thinking the shell might offset the damage. That's at least a $1200 shell, from what I remember shopping around for new ones.

For some reason, DC Tacos sell for more than similar-year 4runners around here, maybe just because there are more 4runners than DC tacos, or it may be because a DC taco is likely to be sold by an "enthusiast" who knows what it's worth vs. a 4runner which is probably being sold by a soccer mom/dad so they can buy a newer SUV and they don't really care about its potential as an off-road vehicle.

J

JWP58

Ya I wouldn't pay 21k for a 06' with 83k miles on it...especially if it had body damage.

bkg

Explorer
We picked up our 68k mile 2010 sport with an estimated $10k in suspension, tires, shell, electronics, etch for about $24k. I think $17.5 is overpriced for a truck with a couple grand in body damage....

juicebox

Adventurer
Hmmm, thanks for the replies! I don't think it'll quite be a couple grand to fix the body damage, but I just don't want to insult them with a lowball offer. It's 3 guys selling it, their mother had cancer and passed away. They inherited the truck.

the kid

Juke Box Hero
yeah thats at least $2K to repair. you gotta think of the time involved, first they will have to take off your fender flare, then pull apart both doors, then sand down and do the bodywork, then prep and mask everything off, paint wait for it to dry and check for any imperfections, then put the interior door panels back on/in then put the flare back on... you are talking at least 1 full day of work and one full day of tear-down/re-install. and thats if they have a tech working on that truck alone with no other projects to do. labor and materials is spendy on good body work. -i have a good friend who owns two body shops.
tacomas typically hold their value more than 4runners, and it all depends on your location. i know when i was looking for my 4runner, here in the PNW they were all pretty much $2+k more than most other places for the same rig, and same goes with tacomas, they sell for even more, but again it is all based on your location. in the PNW that truck could easily pull $18 as it sits with the damage, without he could probably get $22K+

juicebox

Adventurer
Yeah, I probably wouldn't even worry about the rear, as I would probably just cut it off for a bumper anyway. The doors damage would bother me, so that would probably be my first priority. Thanks for the input guys, it's very helpful. If anyone has any other input, feel free to comment. I need to make a decision tonight or tomorrow morning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3