What's wrong with this picture?

edcasey

Apparently, it "is the ultimate weekend adventure vehicle."
The owner posted his rig in Truck Trend's reader's rides.
http://www.trucktrend.com/features/consumer/163_0501_readersride/photo_25.html

163_0501_readersride_26z+2000_gmc_c7500_topkick_pickup+left_camper.jpg

I saw this rig and thought it was cool. So I did a search trying to find more info and maybe the builder's email address. Within 2 minutes, I found his name and home town, his address, his phone number, a picture of his daughter.... I stopped short of finding his email address as I now feel like I'm stalking his family.

Last edited:

milo12

Adventurer
Now I see why it is so big. It is gas powered.:Wow1: Must have to carry 100 gallons for any decent range. I apologize but I find it hard to believe it does any serious off road driving.

I think it is just a have some fun project. Some guy said hey why not build.....

D

DEEZLPWR

regardless of how big it is, i think the camper is propotional to the vehicle. I mean really its just a quad cab pickup with a really stout frame and running gear. If he does wheel it Why on earth would anyone want to tow a 40' camper through rough terrain or a trail? And maybe he is by himself, if so who needs a huge freaking camper?

If you saw the same camper on a quad size pickup would it then be weird or overkill? i think the guy built what he wanted and is happy with it. Same with all of us. We build what we want and are happy with it.

DiploStrat

Expedition Leader
Where are you going.

I have always thought that this was a very impressive package.

http://www.lancecamper.com/livingthelancelife/bradchrist.html

So, for the things that I like to do, the other truck doesn't look that odd. And while dual wheels are common all over the third world, if I were paying the money to build a custom 4x4, I would go with single rear tires.

Part of this comes back to the eternal "overland vs. off-road." I would suspect that the owner does use it as a camper, if only in the Menard's parking lot??

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
That is a cool rig. I never really liked the look a those big campers in even a 3500 F-350 etc. Always looked disproportional.

And I never thought about stuff getting wedged in between dual rear tires. Interesting point.

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
I have always thought that this was a very impressive package.

http://www.lancecamper.com/livingthelancelife/bradchrist.html

So, for the things that I like to do, the other truck doesn't look that odd. And while dual wheels are common all over the third world, if I were paying the money to build a custom 4x4, I would go with single rear tires.

Part of this comes back to the eternal "overland vs. off-road." I would suspect that the owner does use it as a camper, if only in the Menard's parking lot??

Like a Unimog.......?

toyrunner95

Explorer
Thats one hell of a grocery getter. :bike_rider:

I like the look of it. It looks more like its a service truck that is used for camping as well. Its tall enough to be able to reach the big equipment from standing on the bed. I think it pulls double duty. Like my truck, It pulls twice its own weight!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal

Members online