Who's running LED headlights in the Northeast?

wagex

Adventurer
We are not talking bulbs. We are talking actual headlights. I would NEVER run those LED replacement jobbies. They are terrible.

agreed, i put some in my avenger, they were nice after some adjusting, but would randomly flicker off for a split second, then wife reported when she left work early am they flashed a lot when the car first started until she left the parking lot. put some nice sylvania's in it and called it a day. that was a waste of $80.

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
I wish I only wasted $80 on LED bulbs (9007s). I blew about $150 on Atomic LEDs and they were so bad I could have seen better with two candles sitting on the front bumper. Absolute garbage.

I am now back to Phillips Extreme something or others which are supposed to be the best 55/60W you can buy, and also looking for some external mount 7" round buckets to put some e-code housings in to run as a secondary set of headlights (concurrent with the OEMs).

Sorry to get off topic but I agree with the sentiment that LED headlights in general are still a couple years away from being really ready to supplant halogens.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
E codes in the stock JK location are the best bet. With a good set of bulbs they are very very effective. The 2.0 hellas are my choice as I can walk into my local dealer and get them and they are a huge upgrade in output over stock, and other "good" bulbs available. Like silverstars etc.

wagex

Adventurer
I wish I only wasted $80 on LED bulbs (9007s). I blew about $150 on Atomic LEDs and they were so bad I could have seen better with two candles sitting on the front bumper. Absolute garbage.

I am now back to Phillips Extreme something or others which are supposed to be the best 55/60W you can buy, and also looking for some external mount 7" round buckets to put some e-code housings in to run as a secondary set of headlights (concurrent with the OEMs).

Sorry to get off topic but I agree with the sentiment that LED headlights in general are still a couple years away from being really ready to supplant halogens.

ah, that's unfortunate, the light output on the ones we tried was great, it was the flashing that ruined them, didnt want it to happen on the highway and get someone killed.

Jeff Patterson

Observer
Interesting as the 2017 Wranglers will now ship in the Rubicon and Sahara models from the factory with LED's, I myself just put the latest version of JW Speakers on my JKU...

kojackJKU

Interesting as the 2017 Wranglers will now ship in the Rubicon and Sahara models from the factory with LED's, I myself just put the latest version of JW Speakers on my JKU...

Yep, they are going for bling instead of bang. I have talked to people who own some high buck cars with LED lighting and the same issue is arising over there too!

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Yep, they are going for bling instead of bang. I have talked to people who own some high buck cars with LED lighting and the same issue is arising over there too!
I've seen them; they're not blingy. Sorta bug-eyed, but not blingy.
Aside from snow, I'm sure they'll work very well. If they're ditching their MOPAR units that they developed with JWS in favor of them... The MOPARs work quite well.

kojackJKU

No doubt they will work well, BUT.....They are BLING. not in the 24" chrome spinner bling, but in the we have cool LED lights bling. Yeah, but there are LOTS of wranglers driven in sloppy snow conditions, and I am wondering now if they actually built a heater into their lights...

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
... I am wondering now if they actually built a heater into their lights...
That's what I'm wondering. They almost look like there are channels from the heatsinks forward. Can't really tell from a picture so I'll have to wait 'til I can get better intel or my greedy paws on a set.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I actually have not seen any photos yet. Damn, im out of the loop..
ET017_002SAbshkh8b293f56jnm1kah6f063l-610x407.jpg

I'm still hoping that the vent-looking channels around it are for warming the lens but I'm not holding my breath. Turns out they're made by Magna and are on their cost-savings end of the spectrum.
The JW Speaker aftermarket LEDs will probably still be the best for a while.

kojackJKU

I will stick with my e codes. I beyond happy with them. Even without a full wiring harness. I was expecting to have alot less light compared to my truck lites but They are quite good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater