Wildlife Photography

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Aravaipa Canyon Wild Things

Camping near Aravaipa canyon last week gave me to the opportunity to go in search of the wild things. I was hoping to capture some Coatimundi who live in the area but decided to stay hidden from me on this trip. :-(

Here are a few of the Javalina, Turkey and Deer we saw.

i-JbWKSZM-L.jpg

i-9Rbr4xF-L.jpg

i-DbpZ3Zc-L.jpg

i-GMSppT8-L.jpg

i-N9vR5LF-L.jpg

i-xQ9dWSQ-L.jpg

This one was funny. I took a shot of the deer but didn't even see the second one laying down on the right until I was processing the image. :rofl
i-BnFH36F-L.jpg

Last edited:

roverrocks

Expedition Leader
A pair of American Coots on Lake Powell near Bullfrog, Utah a few days ago.

Attachments

• BullfrogDesertDaysFeb.17-20,2014 1010.jpg
    BullfrogDesertDaysFeb.17-20,2014 1010.jpg
    582 KB · Views: 14

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
King of beasts they may be, but in the rain they look more bedraggled and sorry for themselves than most animals.

Where was this taken?

Pathfinder

Adventurer
Lewa Conservancy in northern Kenya

They do look kind of bedraggled, don't they? They were not really happy in the rain.

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
Thanks, I loved Kenya, must try to get back there one day.

I think the reason lions (especially males) look worse in the rain than other animals is that they have more to lose, ie their mane changes from being their crowning glory to a wet mop :)

Nice shot BTW, you can just see the rain here but I imagine at higher res or as a print it would show nicely and certainly help give context to their appearance.

Pathfinder

Adventurer
Thank you. I thought the lions were later in the same day than these zebras, but my memory was wrong; exif shows the lions were a couple days later than these wet zebras. It was raining hard for these zebras.

4%20zebras%20in%20the%20rain2%20-%20real%20rain%20-3693-XL.jpg

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
Funny how animals don't care about rain, I guess they have never had a choice. The wallabies around us do have shelter and even make use of it on occasion, but never when it's raining, they just sit outside. Go figure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues