WTB: Civic AWD Wagon

bikerjosh

Explorer
Civic AWD wagon

I'm sure you all know this, but the cars came with at best a 16v that put out 102 hp. The red one is sporting a big turbo, intercooler and god knows what else besides the upgrades suspension and lift.

Still cool, always wanted one of those when I was tooling around in my 83' red tercel 4wd wagon. (wish I still had it) Confidence inspiring in snow and sand. Survived 3 yrs in San Diego while in college, then a year in durango before serving me well over the next couple of years in monterey.
Good times:victory:

speedtre

Explorer
Sweet thanks for those ads. The one in NJ looks good but I priced shipping and it defeats the purpose of in-expensive.

The problem with all the wagons in CA is that they are all Fast And Furious'ed out.

Keep um coming boys....

Oh and I too miss all my Honda's. Had and 85 CRX that was awesome and then a 89 Civic hatch back....that poor car went through hell though....I should have known that a civic isn't meant for corrugated roads:sombrero:

CHEAP and closer to the west coast....

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/1831451133.html

Cheap and on the west coast, if you don't mind a little mechanical work...

http://medford.craigslist.org/cto/1806089685.html

Last edited:

DavidG

Adventurer
I had a 1985 Wagon with the selectable SOLID rear axle. I bought it for $325 and spent maybe another $300 on it between tires, tuneup, etc. It easily passed emissions, returned low 30's mpg on the highway commute and pretty much paid for itself in the few months I owned it (also had a 91 Suburban at the time). The 1.5 carb version, like mine, had more vacuum lines than I would ever care to look at. Really scary to contemplate a vacuum leak. If possible go with an injected motor. I'm not sure how the later IRS (1988+?) wagons were, but I was very impressed with the climbing ability of my little rig once in 'Super Low'. Granted, the lack of clearance kept it from being a serious offroad rig, it could climb some steep (and dry) hills with relative ease. With the seats folded flat, it had a ton of room. They are unique...how many other AWD, solid rear axle, 6-spd Honda wagons can you think of?

Ultimately, I donated it because of chronically fouling a spark plug every tank of gas. After replacing a dozen plugs in gas station parking lots, I decided it was time to part with it. However, if not for that problem I would have kept it as long as it would have driven. It was a neat little car.

mdrauh

Not a Honda, but I was looking around in the toyotanation classifieds and found this earlier. It's an '89 Toyota Corolla SR5 All-Trac Wagon. Not sure if it's still for sale or not. Interesting, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh00333