Yeti and the Marshmallow

Basement Yeti

Explorer
This was the one I was looking at. I thought the 7,500 BTU was good.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-2000004125-PowerPack-1-Burner-Stove/dp/B0009PUS6M"]Amazon.com: Coleman PowerPack 1-Burner Stove: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

I don't really have a need for a 2 burner stove as I hardly cook and space constraints abound, are there any single burner stoves that would be suitable?

r_w

Adventurer
That one works with the bulk adapter well. Works inside well (vented correctly). and it is as many BTU's as you can get in that formfactor. But you really need a GOOD windscreen if using outside, and keep the pot size small. That is just enough heat, not enough to power through using outside in the wind. Luckily you can make a really good windscreen from a scrap of aluminum or a coffeecan. or add this to your order:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Norpro-2063-Splatter-Screen-Guard/dp/B0000CFP0F/ref=pd_bxgy_e_img_b"]Amazon.com: Norpro Splatter Screen Guard: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

If you are that space constrained, I wouldn't mess with a 20lb propane tank--unless you are running a buddyheater. A 1 lb cylinder will power a stove or lantern for a LONG time.

Basement Yeti

Explorer
Well Mr. Beast and I are making a custom bumper when I get to Texas, and it will have a holder for a propane tank. Eventually I'll have the propane stove, heater, and down the line a water heater.

So that Coleman single burner stove is good?

Went to the DMV to get a California title for my van and finish the registration process, sold some clothes, donated some clothes, and got hit in the FACE with a door. @_@

Going to go finish tiling and securing the floor.

Basement Yeti

Explorer
Floor is done, all secured, got all my tools and supplies organized, all my clothing and belongings are organized too. Will run wiring tomorrow. Saturday I'll go get all the stuff I need. I've got a list made up of absolute needs.

Monday I can mount the bed and drawers and be pretty much done.

I am going to get tires up in LA while my mom is visiting her friend.

Remember how I said the vans rear end had sunk with the weight? Yeah, well it popped back up again...it's weird.

The van looks great. I feel so damn accomplished.

Basement Yeti

Explorer
I got the hole drilled in my firewall and the wiring all done, except for the end that connects to the terminal under the hood.

The standard loop connect was too small, the 5/8" loop connector is too big, and the 1/4" is a HAIR too small to fit over the bolt. What the heck do I do?

MrBeast

Explorer
I got the hole drilled in my firewall and the wiring all done, except for the end that connects to the terminal under the hood.

The standard loop connect was too small, the 5/8" loop connector is too big, and the 1/4" is a HAIR too small to fit over the bolt. What the heck do I do?

ream the 1/4" out slightly with a drill bit. Hold it with a pair of pliers, not your fingers!

Basement Yeti

Explorer
Wooohooo! Yeah! Today is possibly the most fulfilling day of this build. I reamed out the connector and stuck it on the driver side pole, reconnected the negative terminal on my battery and NOTHING. Started the engine and NOTHING. Disconnected the negative terminal again, switched the wire to the passenger side, reconnected the negative terminal, looked inside and I saw the fan spinning! I literally did a :wings:.

Problem is the motor that opens the vent is burnt out. I need to call fantastic vent and get a new one.

I am so stoked right now.

Last edited:

Basement Yeti

Explorer
I'll PM you it.

Here is my immediate shopping list.
2x Place Settings (Cup, plate, bowl, fork, spoon, butter knife)
Good Multipurpose Knife
2 or 3 Cup Coffee Percolator
Combination griddle and frying pan
1-2 QT Sauce Pan
Spatula and Tongs
Combination Slotted Spoon and Spaghetti Spoon
Vegetable Peeler
Scissors
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl
Oven Mitt
Cutting Board
Trash Container with Lid
2 Dish Towels
Dispobal Sponges
Handy Whipes
Tissues
Toilet Tissue
Paper Towels
Napkins
Laundry Soap
2x Folding Chair
1x Folding Table
Lighter
3x 12x12 Plastic Drawers
1x Large Plastic Drawers
2x 12" Tall Tucker Tote
Bungee Cords
Small Broom with Dust Pan
Soft Sided Cooler
48x48 Area Rug
Zip Up Document Holder
Reflective Sun Visor
Clothes Line Rope
Clothes Pins
Elastic
Room Darkening Curtains with Casings
Manilla Envelops
Shovel
AA Batteries
Stuffed Animal Hammocks
Address Book
Dish Soap
1 or 2 Quart Bucket

Fry's Electronics
3.5mm Phono to 3.5mm Phono (Fry's)
12V Cigarette Lighter Charger for Creative Zen MP3 Player (Fry's)

REI
2x 5 or 7 Gallon Reliance Water Jug (REI) (Vetritcal side by side jugs)
Katadyn Combin Water Filter (REI)
LED Headlamp (REI)

Amazon.com
12v Cigarette Lighter Charger for Laptop
12V Cigarette Lighter for Cell Phone
10ft 12V LED Rope Lights
Blue Sea 5028 Fuse Block
LED Dome Light Lightbulbs

@_@

Basement Yeti

Explorer
Drove on the freeway for the first time today. Went good. Driving on the highway was hard when I was learning because of lack of experience, but I know how my van handles so it went smooth.

My mom has some mobility issues and driving, specifically working the pedals is hard on her body after a while, so it's a big goal for me to do most of the driving on this trip, including highway time.

So I went out and bought nearly all the stuff I need for my van, still a few things to get, but I have nearly everything. Broke now (Except for savings).:sombrero:

Oh yeah, Nick, it was good talking to you. You seem like an awesome intelligent dude, can't wait to hang out, learn some fabrication and enjoy Texas.

MrBeast

Explorer
We will see you when you get here man.

Might even see if I can entice you to give up your vegan ways for a few days with some most awesome bbq. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl