My GX470

DanKunz

Adventurer
Yep, 21" actually. It is a local company building them and selling direct. Expedition Lights in ATL. Will get details and pricing.

DanKunz

Adventurer
First look at the bumper:

Still have more to go but getting there (just rattle canned for now):

- Steel quarters, yes, that is all steel up to the white
- Hitch still needs to be added
- Tire carrier needs to be added
- Integrated LED backup lights need to be added
- Needs to go to powder

306668_10151139657658123_2118293074_n.jpg

Last edited:

DanKunz

Adventurer
Another view

Another view, notice they added plate steel to match the factory sheet metal fender flares.

579059_10151139668218123_2075328997_n.jpg

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
Looks great Dan. Very clean! It passes the "uninitiated test." Which is just what I call the test where the wife, girlfriend, parent or someone else not in the offroad world wouldn't even think that was aftermarket. It just looks like a black bumper. I dig it.

For years I've always said I'd wait until the 4runner died or needed some serious $ work before buying a GX, but you're really making it difficult to wait. :coffeedrink:

DanKunz

Adventurer
The liner even makes it look like it still has flares, which I like...the sides are now all "tucked in" so the front bumper, sliders, tires, and rear bumper are all the first points of impact.

Good stuff.

Glad I can tempt you into the GX world. I had a 100, 80s, 60, 55, and 40s and would never go back.

SOAZ

The liner even makes it look like it still has flares, which I like...the sides are now all "tucked in" so the front bumper, sliders, tires, and rear bumper are all the first points of impact.

Good stuff.

Glad I can tempt you into the GX world. I had a 100, 80s, 60, 55, and 40s and would never go back.

Yah, there is always room in ones life for a cantankerous old truck like a 40, 60 or whatever, but for a truck that is ready to go on a big trip or start on a cold morning with no hassle the GX is the best of all worlds.
A new Trail Edition 4runner comes close, but you can add a rear locker to a gx a lot easier than you can stretch the roof and add a V8 to a Trail Edition 4runner. Plus, it's different and I like that.
So will my neck and back when I can sit up in bed (sleeping platform) as opposed to the 4runner where you do all changing and moving around while inside horizontally or in painfully contorted positions!

Looking good and keep it coming. :sombrero:

DanKunz

Adventurer
Yep. I am 6'4" so the GX was the best choice. I have more room than in a 100 for the driver!

I don't do platforms anymore. I have a V8 (hope for a diesel conversion sometime) and I want a trailer

Xcape.jpg

SOAZ

Yep. I am 6'4" so the GX was the best choice. I have more room than in a 100 for the driver!

I don't do platforms anymore. I have a V8 (hope for a diesel conversion sometime) and I want a trailer

View attachment 129165

I can't knock the trailer idea. Platform is good for fast moving, lazy camping. (I hate "setting up" camp), but I know there will be a point where a trailer base camp or a small offroad capable trailer to go exploring from will be nice!
Sorry for sidetracking your build thread! :victory:

DanKunz

Adventurer
Rear bumper is getting cleaned up, tire carrier, lights, etc this coming week. Will post updated photos when I get it back!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179