My GX470

upcountry

Explorer
I think you just convinced me to start a new project vehicle. I love the way this thing turned out. Thanks for the great thread.

DanKunz

Adventurer
Tire carrier is almost done. Custom LED backup lights and a camping light on the tire carrier also delivered. In the final countdown to done (finally!). Will have more pics this week unless we have delays and they have to keep the bumper for blasting and lining by end of week

Factoryride

Observer
Rear bumper is getting cleaned up, tire carrier, lights, etc this coming week. Will post updated photos when I get it back!

What shop is building your bumper? I'm not too far down the street (Marietta), and have been looking at the possibility of doing custom front and rear on my TE. Just haven't found the right shop yet.

TexGX

Explorer
Dan,

Just a heads up. I had my tire mounted about that low and had problem hooking up my trailer. It you tow anything double check the hieght. I had to raise mine.

TexGX

DanKunz

Adventurer
Thx, it don't tow, but do have plans to get a long tongue expo trailer. If I have to rework it then I will cross that bridge, but I like it low :)

dblosch

Adventurer
I've seen your GX around town a number of times- looks great! (I'm that guy on 400 southbound in the morning with the RTT on the Avalanche.)

:wavey:
Dan

DanKunz

Adventurer
Bumper is going to paint! Final pics sometime in the next few weeks (when I get back to install).

I think the backup lights will work (LED), have an aux switch to flip them on for camp lighting (or to blind tailgaters):

484213_10151179060808123_408950231_n.jpg

Close up of them in their hiding place:

252213_10151179059613123_1928880629_n.jpg

DanKunz

Adventurer
They are VERY bright. The ambient on these LEDs is insane, no need to get direct beam.

I don't know what they will be like quite yet, but I did have them build in hinges and pins so I can move them around :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998